No more Police Chopper in Sheffield?

my opinion ? - great news :thumbsup:

I agree with that.

It is and has been a waste of money and not a very cost effective way of policing as the actual arrests as a direct result of using the chopper was small. Not having one will hardly impact on criminal activity and perhaps now it will be put to better use.

Its not that SY police don't want to pay for it. The government want to create a national police air service to aid in reducing costs with bigger purchasing power etc. This move is being forced upon SY police by them. I remember seeing Med Hughes on look north supporting the retention of the helicopter in Sheffield. West Yorkshires helicopter is based at Wakefield, Humberside is at Humberside Airport and Derbyshires at Claycross. There are certainly going to be more criminals get away with their actions as a result of this move.
the derbyshire helicopter is not based at clay cross, it is based at ripley in derbyshire & is actually called the north midlands air support, they currently share the helicopter with nottinghamshire constabulary

You can't blame the helicopter police service, blame the courts and the police prosecutors.

You're correct it wouldn't be their fault. However, if my slightly sarcastic scenario was a common occurrence, and the courts and prosecutors weren't getting results, then the chopper would effectively be an inefficient use of resources when it is serving just one force (or even multiple forces).

Its not that SY police don't want to pay for it. The government want to create a national police air service to aid in reducing costs with bigger purchasing power etc. This move is being forced upon SY police by them. I remember seeing Med Hughes on look north supporting the retention of the helicopter in Sheffield. West Yorkshires helicopter is based at Wakefield, Humberside is at Humberside Airport and Derbyshires at Claycross. There are certainly going to be more criminals get away with their actions as a result of this move.

prob because sheffield is in the north and the east midlands aswell.;)