No more Police Chopper in Sheffield?

South Yorkshire Police said the removal of the helicopter service would save it £668,000 per year.

I thought it cost a LOT more than that per year. You would have thought a police force the size of ours would be able to fund it. It isn't just a few arrests we will be losing. It is the threat of knowing a helicopter was a few minutes away from you if you were going to commit a crime.

I thought it cost a LOT more than that per year. You would have thought a police force the size of ours would be able to fund it. It isn't just a few arrests we will be losing. It is the threat of knowing a helicopter was a few minutes away from you if you were going to commit a crime.

Will pilots be re-deployed? My son's best mate is an RAF Puma pilot, it cost £2million to train him. I only ask because I wonder what you do with an unwanted helicopter pilot. :confused:

Will pilots be re-deployed? My son's best mate is an RAF Puma pilot, it cost £2million to train him. I only ask because I wonder what you do with an unwanted helicopter pilot. :confused:

Gawd he must have been thick if it cost that much to train him.:hihi: