TJ Hughes branch relocation MEGATHREAD

I think the parking and the scum that hang around the market area etc are the real reason city center shopping is on it's backside.

Thats what i dont get. On the rare occasion i venture into town i always see loads of badly dressed scummers hangin around the markets with their hands down their slacks playing marbles with their dangly bits trying to look tough and 'ard'.

Theres also a lot of gob on the floor.

I mean c'mon. Spitting in public?

Bloody animals!!!!

So in summary its a **** hole frequented by scummers with no use to the gene pool unless its to show future generations what could go wrong.

More shops like on Division Street

Less banks occupying all the best properties

Less pound shops

A couple of really big proper department stores

Free parking

Now that on its own would be a start.

But the council are too greedy to ever allow that to happen.

IMO i don`t know any town centres in yorkshire that have got it right. Leeds is awful, One road with various shopping precincts going off it full of up market shops where the normal person can`t afford anything in them. Rotherham, worse than sheffield for shops full of tat, Doncaster`s not bad as i think it`s about right and you can get off the train and walk straight into the shopping area. As I remember it has a fairly descent mix of shops.

My bold.

Its a **** hole of monumental proportions.

I went recently and the best thing about Donny is the prison.

When it had RAF Finninlgy thre ity was buzzing an a great night out.

Now its a hole and makes Sheffield look like up to date and hip:D

another pensioner shop

Are you sure?

Ive been in lots of times and never got a wiff of stale urine, worthers originals or denturgrip.

Are you sure?

Ive been in lots of times and never got a wiff of stale urine, worthers originals or denturgrip.

Once they released the "Easy Chew" food range I knew.

Greggs megastore!! Really they could have a floor for greggs, a floor for cards and floor for mobile phones, thus reducing the need for a high street at all. Just put it all under one roof!

Major stores are going out of business everyday, when will this greed obssesed government realise that cuts do not bring you out of recession but actually spending money does.

Do you think it grows on trees?

So you guys want free parking, and big department stores? only one of those makes money. New stores cannot happen without money.

Can't have it both ways. Besides that, plenty of buses etc to get into town and you can get on the bus at what ever part of town you are at, no need to then walk all the way back to the other end to your car ;-)

You car drivers constantly moaning, it's getting old.

Now that on its own would be a start.

But the council are too greedy to ever allow that to happen.

Dear Q-Park/NCP/Independant Car Park Operator,

Please stop charging everyone who uses the Car Park that you built (with your money), that you pay wardens to supervise, that you spend money on to maintain yearly and that generates your only source of income and as such pays all your staff wages/shareholders because we have decided we'd rather car parking was free on a Saturday because not enough people are using the shops in the city centre.

Regards,

Sheffield City Council

BTW I can't actually drive, I added free parking onto my list as I know lots fo people who don't go to town becasue fo the cost of parking.

Dont let that troll anoy you.

I bet he hasnt worked a day in his life and probably feels that cos his giro dosent stretch to meadowhall the rest of us working people cant afford it either.

You spend your wages where you like mate.

Ignore the trolls.:)

Rich is famous for not working.

And he could also be famous for not knowing which shops have free toilets. I can think of 3, no 4, straight away, and my knowledge of city centre shopping is hardly encyclopaedic.

TBH if it's that important, make sure you have 20p before you leave and use the Town Hall bogs, it's not like it's a lot of money.