TJ Hughes branch relocation MEGATHREAD

I'm replying to the OP not you, they don't mention job losses, just empty buildings, which doesn't bother me.

The city centre is full of chavs, smackheads, wasters etc, why should i care when the powers that be don't deal with such types, i never see these in Meadowhall, so i'm fine going there, thanks.

Edit: That was at mickey finn.

Thank you but I am none of those you mentioned.

So would have you gone down the road of further spending cuts, rather than the tax rises?

I accept the need to balance the books, but in order to do this, realistically, you have to ensure the economy carries on operating successfully. The VAT hike might increase tax revenues at one end, but it can significantly hit tax returns in another part of the economy.

You've got a lot to learn!

Edited by madasfish
can't be bothered to explain to mossdog basic anatomy - have seen that Daven kindly did that job a few posts back.

Just read TJ Hughes are to file for administration.

Not sure what the building was prior to TJs but its a big building that will join castle house in Sheffield empty buildings of shame.

I'm old enough to remember TJ Hughes when the place first opened as Walsh's - that's when the City had six great Department Stores... Most people were in employment back then and the City Centre was the place to go to do most shopping. It's a real shame what is happening...

Edited by Blue Moon

The last time I went in there it was Walsh's..I'm feeling very old and out of touch now.

You're not alone with that feeling! ;)

It used to be Walshes, it was the place everyone met, at the top of the escalator steps. hope it dosnt close, love the cafe, great view while youre having a cuppa.

Castle Market, Wilkinson, Marks & Spencer, Orchard Square, Central Library, Sheffield Interchange, John Lewis.........

Its always the same code though so if you remember it you can go anytime:hihi:

I remember it as Rackhams when I moved to Sheffield in '81, maybe the House of Fraser after that ....?

I remember when it was Walsh's.

So many business going into administration. Does make you wonder where it will all end.

quoted the wrong poster there, that was the toilet code!!! its 12589, every day.....

quoted the wrong poster there, that was the toilet code!!! its 12589, every day.....

no code on toilets now been took off

Very apt username you have there... :loopy:

I Buy clothes occassionally from TJ's, they're considerably cheaper and better quality than other High Street stores IMO. I also use their cafe for drinks, bit expensive but still a good quality cuppa in most cases.

Well don't take it out of me just because you can't afford Meadowhall. :loopy:

Well don't take it out of me just because you can't afford Meadowhall. :loopy:

I can afford Meadowhall quite easily thanks, and have bought clothes and stuff from there many a time.