Aldi speedy checkouts

I like the Aldi system, and wouldn't want them to change.

what gets me is you are in the que and they say move to no 3 till , then they serve another 3 customers then ring the bell for the till person whos nowhere to be seen and tem mins later they appear then hold a conversation between tills shouting across all over , are you on lates or early what time are you in 3 weeks on mon ets ,talk about peter kay

The point I am trying to make is, by the time you have put your shopping back in to the trolley then have to pack it again into bags you are not really saving any time, it just gets you out of a queue therefore making you think it is a quicker service.

The point I am trying to make is, by the time you have put your shopping back in to the trolley then have to pack it again into bags you are not really saving any time, it just gets you out of a queue therefore making you think it is a quicker service.

If you did the packing at the tills you would be waiting all day to get served, think of the other people behind you.

If you did the packing at the tills you would be waiting all day to get served, think of the other people behind you.

But surely if you're rushing all your customers through the checkout to pack their items on the shelf then a queue to pack your items will form thus defeating the object.

Those who drive and go to shops such as Aldi etc. usually just have big boxes in the trolleys that the stuff goes in. It only takes 2 mins to pack shopping up.

As someone has stated before, there are only usually a max of 2 people on the checkouts, so to avoid big queues they get you through quick then you are free to spend the time packing at your own pace...

Speedy checkout workers are only a problem for the infuriating dawdlers who wait until everything has been scanned before they start to pack their bags.

I hate having to go back to the till to buy more bags.

But surely if you're rushing all your customers through the checkout to pack their items on the shelf then a queue to pack your items will form thus defeating the object.

There's more packing shelf space than checkout space. Simple when you think about it.;)

If you Google 1200 items aldi you will get your answer. From anecdotal evidence it would appear the staff are under contant productivity pressure. If I was under constant pressure like that I might have problems raising a smile too.:o

Speedy checkout workers are only a problem for the infuriating dawdlers who wait until everything has been scanned before they start to pack their bags.

I agree its really annoying, and also the people who put their items halfway down the conveyor belt and leave a big space, so you cant start unpacking your own until their's starts to go through, although I often ask them now to move them up, hoping it may make the penny drop!!

£170 worth at Aldi!!! That's about 4 trolley loads

Wait until Aldi really gets going in the UK!

One of the standard measures of whether a product has become widely accepted here is 'Can you get it at Aldi?'

Alcohol, Breadmakers, Bed linens, Computers, Coffee-makers (the 700 Euro kind ;)) Camping gear, DVD players, Electronic devices, Furniture, Golf Balls, Holidays ... right through the alphabet. (And they sell food, too.)