State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

Does no one else see that Mr Camerons comments are likely to be divisive.

During this time of austerity it is the coalitions intention to make life worse for the most of us, I believe this comment has been made to fracture society so that silly unthinking people will start squabbling and blaming each other for the harsh measures that are about to be imposed on us by our politicians to pay for the arrogant and feckless behaviour of wealthy people.

So while we ignorantly blame unemployed people and immigration and the like for our countries ills these vile reptileous people who effectively thieve our money and wealth continue to do so without challenge.

Precisely, well said.

grahame, when you make absurd claims about muslims "standing out like a sore thumb" and demanding time off work for prayers it doesn't really add anything, because it's not true.

How on earth can you tell someone's religion by looking at them?

It's easy when you go to Tesco on Infirmary Road some Friday mornings.

as far as i am aware, the original equality legislation left in some exemptions for men-only (and i presume women-only) clubs. subsequent legislation may have amended this but i don't know one way or the other.

it is perfectly legal under uk law to resolve civil disputes using sharia courts.

It is still separatist, I know it is the same for Jews as well but I don't agree with one law for some and another law for others, sorry.

That is the trouble, it is multiculturalism rather than a united culture.

Multiculturalism is separatism which divides and separates.

Single minded cultures separate and divide. Single minded thinking separate and divide. Maybe you should be arguing why you don't specifically want it to work.:suspect:

It's easy when you go to Tesco on Infirmary Road some Friday mornings.

..and frankly so what if they do stick out like a sore thumb? I dont particularly like the look of the overweight, middle aged men who congregate around the pubs of Hillsborough on matchdays wearing their polyester replica shirts-they stick out like sore thumbs whilst advertising their affiliation to a particular football team..but so what, if that's what they choose to do and it doesn't affect me one iota.

Edited by boyfriday

I think we've run this argument a million times, 90% of halal meat produced in the UK is pre-stunned, so there's no material difference in the method of slaughter other than the mumbo jumbo ranted over the dead carcass.

Halal meat is Muslim only employment, designed to dominate the meat trade, it's quite a successful way for a group of people to take control of industry of the highest importance.

Much like the ban on women marrying outside of Islam whilst men carry marry Jewish and Christian women. The argument being a woman is incapable of passing on the religion with her being weaker than a man and thus more easily dominated.

These religious rules are essentially racist.

..and frankly so what if they do stick out like a sore thumb? I dont particularly like the look of the overweight, middle aged men who congregate around the pubs of Hillsborough on matchdays wearing their polyester replica shirts-they stick out like sore thumbs whilst advertising their affiliation to a particular football team..but so what, it's what they choose to do and it doesn't affect me one iota.
It does because you don't like it. You - by your own admission - are affected by it