State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

I suppose before long they will insist we all wear the same clothes they do and then they might be happy.

..and at that point you'll be perfectly entitled to swallow your teeth with indignation, just as I will, but lets not lose too much sleep over it in the meantime, eh?

From the speech:

Do you not agree with equal rights for women and do you not believe in equality before the law?

Yes and yes.

What Cameron's banging on about is anyone's guess since he refuses to actually name anyone.

White's club in mayfair exclude women, is that what he means.

Yes and yes.

What Cameron's banging on about is anyone's guess since he refuses to actually name anyone.

White's club in mayfair exclude women, is that what he means.

I would imagine that's illegal under English law and can be challenged? Is that why you have Sharia courts so you can get round English law.

I would imagine that's illegal under English law and can be challenged? Is that why you have Sharia courts so you can get round English law.

No, they have an independent panel of arbitration, just like the Football Association do and the Rugby Football Union, and most other sporting bodies and many clubs, and just like them sharia doesn't supercede English law.

grahame, when you make absurd claims about muslims "standing out like a sore thumb" and demanding time off work for prayers it doesn't really add anything, because it's not true.

How on earth can you tell someone's religion by looking at them?

as far as i am aware, the original equality legislation left in some exemptions for men-only (and i presume women-only) clubs. subsequent legislation may have amended this but i don't know one way or the other.

it is perfectly legal under uk law to resolve civil disputes using sharia courts.

Does no one else see that Mr Camerons comments are likely to be divisive.

During this time of austerity it is the coalitions intention to make life worse for the most of us, I believe this comment has been made to fracture society so that silly unthinking people will start squabbling and blaming each other for the harsh measures that are about to be imposed on us by our politicians to pay for the arrogant and feckless behaviour of wealthy people.

So while we ignorantly blame unemployed people and immigration and the like for our countries ills these vile reptileous people who effectively thieve our money and wealth continue to do so without challenge.