State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

The Indie picture is better:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/cameron-my-war-on-multiculturalism-2205074.html

It's reckless and irresponsible talk, pandering to the lowest common demoninator is never a good idea.

Everywhere you go in England you can see the brilliant success of multi-culturalism- people living side by side, getting on, marrying other aces and living in harmony.

Cameron's a fool.

"But the Muslim Council of Britain said its community was being seen as part of the problem rather than the solution."

Never a truer word spoken.

"He warns Muslim groups that if they fail to endorse women's rights or promote integration, they will lose all government funding. All immigrants to Britain must speak English and schools will be expected to teach the country's common culture. "

Hear Hear.

Every race and culture on Earth has its share of vile, evil people who have no respect or regard for the lives of others, unfortunatly in our society we cannot even mildly criticize these people for fear of being branded some ranting 70's style racist. These feckless individuals even get preference over the indigenous population which causes more resentment.

These people exploit this situation to the maximium.

I think Camerons words will just turn out to be hollow publicity seeking as usual but with a more common sense approach this situation could have been avoided years ago.

Cameron having a go at Muslim groups for not promoting women's rights seems a bit rich, I wonder if he'll do the same with his chums at White's.http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/columnists/maguire/2008/05/28/david-cameron-s-white-s-membership-exposes-conservative-leader-s-true-colours-115875-20431989/

Edited by websters gue

From spindrift's reference:

"For too long we've caved in to more extreme elements by hiding under the cloak of cultural sensitivity. For too long we've given in to the loudest voices from each community, without listening to what the majority want. And for too long, we've come to ignore differences – even if they fly in the face of human rights, notions of equality and child protection – with a hapless shrug of the shoulders, saying, 'It's their culture isn't it? Let them do what they want'." 26 February 2008

This really reminds me of the leftist majority here on SF.

On the morning extreme right-wing knuckle draggers from Europe are flying in for the EDL scum march in Luton, Cameron's words are recklessly stupid and provocative.

Can we insult everyone spindrift, or is it just you who gets to decide who we can call names?