State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

You've posted this.

And then you have posted this, championing the interpretation of statistics.

It would seem, the interpretation that best promotes your agenda is the one you like.

Lets have a look at your 'figures'. The ones you use to attack white people by implying they are racist/insular.

First of all, a link to the information would be nice.

Second, your using terms, less, most, at least.

Third your comparing different things. White, ethnic majority, ethnic minorities and specific ethnic minority groups. But without taking into account the amounts of each as a proportion of the population.

I'm not sure of the current ethnic make up of the UK, the census was 10 years ago now.

Lets say it is 85% White British and 15% composed of multiple ethnic minorities. (Lets say 5% Black, 5% White European and 5% Asian)

You'd expect a man with 100 friends to have 85 White British ones, 5 Black, 5 Asian and 5 White European.

Everyone in the UK should have a majority of friends who are White. 90/100 would be the 'expected figure'.

It is the deviations from this figure that should be of concern.

Say you have 1000, 2 from ethnic minority A and 98 from other ethnic minorities B-Z with 900 ethnic majority.

The statistical likelihood of these ethnic minorities/majorities having friends only from their ethnic group, and the deviations from this figure is what should be of concern.

Briliant enlightened post.

The majority of British people think multiculturalism makes the country a better place, a BBC poll suggests.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4137990.stm

There is another way to define multiculturalism which I would call diversity where people have their own cultural beliefs and they happily coexist - but there is a common thread of Britishness or whatever you want to call it to hold society together.

Multiculturalism basically means that no culture is perfect or represents the best life and that it can therefore benefit from a critical dialogue with other cultures.

In this sense multiculturalism requires that all cultures should be open, self-critical, and interactive in their relations with other each other.

Britain is made up of Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and Normans.

The point being the British have blended together and now Muslims need to do the same. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by spindrift

By standing outside tescos?

That's a ridiculous argument.

How on earth do you know what their religion was?

You couldn't make it up could you.

..as has been often demonstrated on here, both sides bear allegiance to that particular card when it suits them.
I'm against the mass immigration that was forced upon us had it been a controled stream I do believe that intigration would have benn easier.

Britain is made up of Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and Normans.

The point being the British have blended together and now Muslims need to do the same. :)

Your evidence that they don't is very silly. You saw some muslims attend mosque. This is not evidence of anything other than your own prejudice.

Your evidence that they don't is very silly. You saw some muslims attend mosque. This is not evidence of anything other than your own prejudice.

That is one example of Islamic culture and I gave other examples, the point being Muslims have imported their own ways instead of adopting the ways of the country they have settled in and it is this that is going to cause friction which you should be able to understand.

Playing the race/fascist card at every point made against mass immigration/multiculturism is a bad thing.

I'm against both but I'm not racist, I like 99% of the population wasn't given the choice.

Yes you were. You have a vote. Don't blame your poor choice of BNP vote. Or are you arguing that if the BNP had had a winning landslide my vote would have counted for nothing?