State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron

Britain is made up of Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons, Vikings and Normans.

The point being the British have blended together and now Muslims need to do the same. :)

I have often seen claims from some forummers that there is no such thing as English or British culture, by reason of Britain having had those waves of settlers. Yet British or English culture is neither sigularly Celtic, Nord, Saxon, Norman, Roman etc. It is an amalgamation of them, which makes Britain culture unique and special.

One of my annoyances with Multiculturalism, is those that advocate for it will often champion foreign cultural customs, whilst simultaneously trashing our own or at least being in denial that we have any of our own culture at all. How can it be that every corner of the Earth has its own cultures, yet Britain is devoid of any? They obviosly cannot see what is in front of their own eyes.

Edited by mj.scuba

Yes you were. You have a vote. Don't blame your poor choice of BNP vote. Or are you arguing that if the BNP had had a winning landslide my vote would have counted for nothing?

Duncan Smith and Hague stood on a platform opposed to immigration.

They lost the election.

People had a vote, they did not vote against immigration.

Mod Note

Some posts where personal attacks are being made have been removed along with any references to them.

If you can't make your argument without getting personal then there is probably something wrong with your argument.

I'm going to leave this locked for a few minutes while you all take a breath.

If I have to break up more squabbles after that then the thread be locked and stay that way.

They lost the election.

Correction. Yes they did. The BNP failed almost into obscurity.

Correction. Yes they did. The BNP failed almost into obscurity.

True.

Immigration is simply not a concern for normal people who see nothing threatening in people attending their own place or worship.

The favourite food in Britain is curry.

The richest man in Britain is an immigrant.

Multiculturalism has enriched this country and will continue to do so.

They lost the election.

Hague stood on an almost single issue of staying out of the Euro. I don't think you can draw any conclusions, other than the electorate had other priorities.

Hague stood on an almost single issue of staying out of the Euro. I don't think you can draw any conclusions, other than the electorate had other priorities.

Obviously multiculturalism and immigration not taking the front seat.

True.

Immigration is simply not a concern for normal people who see nothing threatening in people attending their own place or worship.

You have put two entirely different things there, one is not the same as the other. Immigration is a concern for many normal people, the suggestion that you would some how have to be abnormal to be concerned about immigration issues is rather preposterous.