Is SF more strict than it used to be?

Yet here you are prepared to discuss any queries I have. It's a pity the mod on the pet section wasn't prepared to do the same isn't it?.

I have no idea what was said on the thread you're talking about (other than the comments that have been made here). I'm here to talk about the Forum in general, if you notice a few pages back I asked for people to stop raising queries regarding individual threads and continue to instead report them for the moderating team, or raise Help Desk tickets to speak to the Admin Team direct. As a member of the Admin Team I over see decisions made on the Forum by the moderating team, we are here to try and help. I must stress that this thread has been left open for so long as users have been making useful comments. If we find that the thread is no longer useful we'll have no option but to close it. That would be a shame.

A moderator should not be approached for their comment regarding an item that they have themselves moderated, or to see if they disagree with a decision that has been made by someone else. A Group Leader or Moonbird should be contacted by PM, not chased about on a thread for an answer.

In which case please except my sincere apologies Moonbird as I never aimed to upset anyone with the joke I made. This now settles the matter.

I do hope my behaviour hasn't alienated me amongst the pet group members as I look forward to rejoining the pet group discussions if that's ok, especially those discussing people that hurt animals, since I too wish a long lingering death upon such people if I'm quite honset.

Thank you danot I really appreciate your reply, and no need to apologise its all water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

Of course you are welcome in the pet group if you have an interest and wish to participate there :)

I have no idea what was said on the thread you're talking about (other than the comments that have been made here). I'm here to talk about the Forum in general, if you notice a few pages back I asked for people to stop raising queries regarding individual threads and continue to instead report them for the moderating team, or raise Help Desk tickets to speak to the Admin Team direct. As a member of the Admin Team I over see decisions made on the Forum by the moderating team, we are here to try and help. I must stress that this thread has been left open for so long as users have been making useful comments. If we find that the thread is no longer useful we'll have no option but to close it. That would be a shame.

A moderator should not be approached for their comment regarding an item that they have themselves moderated, or to see if they disagree with a decision that has been made by someone else. A Group Leader or Moonbird should be contacted by PM, not chased about on a thread for an answer.

Sorry GazE I only just saw your reply, I hope that it was ok for me to just put my side forward as this has been going on for to long now...and it does seem to have cleared the air on this occasion.

Sorry GazE I only just saw your reply, I hope that it was ok for me to just put my side forward as this has been going on for to long now...and it does seem to have cleared the air on this occasion.

I think if the matter is settled, I'm happy, so no complaints. :)

I mentioned something similar to a mod about 'chat' being allowed on certain threads whilst threads on I'm bored were being closed for 'chatting'. A mod told me to report threads I considered to have been taken over by 'chatting'. I haven't done that as my opinion of chatting is obviously different to the opinion of the mods who have been closing threads on I'm bored.

But how do you draw the line between chatting and replying to a comment from someone else. If theres only two posters online at that time...it does become a conversation between those two people.....I wouldn't want anyone to think I was being rude by not answering them but if theres no one else there, then I feel that I have to. Why then, does it become "chat" in some people's eyes.

Just brought these two posts forward as they seemed to have been lost or ignored in the whole wheelie bin saga.

I think in particularly Joan has a point, when does chat start and ignorance to a poster end, or vice versa.

By the way I am no way saying there hasnt been chat, because there has, just as there has been chat on other threads that dont seem to get the attention that a certain mod seems to be giving the Bored section lately.

Just brought these two posts forward as they seemed to have been lost or ignored in the whole wheelie bin saga.

I think in particularly Joan has a point, when does chat start and ignorance to a poster end, or vice versa.

By the way I am no way saying there hasnt been chat, because there has, just as there has been chat on other threads that dont seem to get the attention that a certain mod seems to be giving the Bored section lately.

If you're 'chatting' about the thread topic there's no problem at all. If you're chatting about what you had for breakfast on a speed camera thread, it's off topic and annoying for other users. By all means have a chatty discussion as long as it's on topic.

Edited to add: It can also become a little alienating for other users when two people are chatting so vociferously on a topic that everyone else's posts get ignored. Be happy, chatty and inclusive and everyone gets along :)

Edited by Twiglet

Responding to moderator warning notes to state you disagree with the decision is not acceptable in any form. That is what the Admin Team is there for. If you disagree with the decision you must contact us through the Help Desk for us to be able to review it.

I didn't mean responding to mod notes I mean mods comments on threads in terms of general discussion although I was once banned for asking why my name and address had yet to be removed from the forum when some idiot decided to post it.

ban reason is given with every ban, the moderators have to select from a drop down list, there isn't a blank option. That has been in existence for as long as I have been on the moderating team.

I'm referring to coming online to find myself banned for some odd reason. I was once banned for supposedly having multiple accounts the first I knew of this was when I came online to find my access blocked.

The mods were very unwilling to accept I didn't have multiple accounts and it took quite a while to get myself unbanned.

do you know that a user was banned or not? We don't discuss bans with anyone but the account holder themselves and certainly don't make a list public.

Because the person still comes on the forum day in day out offending people left right and centre as well as ignoring the forum rules.

So, posts removed without explanation, emails ignored, and questions asked on this thread get deleted with no explanation?

What are the mods so afraid of, can't they give a straightforward answer?

What part of 'we're not going to discuss individual threads because that's what the Helpdesk is for' was not clear from the many times that it has been stated on the thread?