Is SF more strict than it used to be?

So why delete all one hundred posts, why not just remove the offensive ones?

Because all the replies to the inflammatory posts have to go too. Were there any on the mororists thread? :suspect:

SF reminds me of a typical local pub.

You get the regulars who think they somehow own the pub, and refuse to abide by the landlord's (Moderators) rules. You also get the one's who have an issue with authority, the people who are antagonistic, and people who like to argue, for arguments sake.

You also get people who are barred/banned, and try and dupe the landlord by dressing differently, or using another name.

If I didn't like the way my landlord ran my pub, or the people frequenting it, I would boycott it and find another pub.

There was abuse on that thread, none was posted by me, I'd never heard of those posters, let alone been rude to them.

Is it really acceptable to say it would be funny if another poster suffered a serious illness? That post wasn't deleted.

As I said I dont condone anything like that, I do not make a habit of calling anyone on here names, I don't do it in the real world so don't do it on here either, but there are some, including yourself that do, therefore you have to take what you give, albeit not in as strong as you are describing, that sounds well out of order ;)

There were about a dozen rude posts from someone who has recently arrived here. The rest were discussing the issue calmly and rationally.

There were a lot of follow ups too.

There was abuse on that thread, none was posted by me, I'd never heard of those posters, let alone been rude to them.

Is it really acceptable to say it would be funny if another poster suffered a serious illness? That post wasn't deleted.

Of course it's not acceptable, and that probably played a part in why the thread was removed.

I can't tell you because we're not discussing individual threads and I haven't read it.

I direct you back to the post which explains that the Helpdesk is the place to hold this discussion- any further insistence on this will not be taken lightly, so please understand that if you push this subject any further.

You get the regulars who think they somehow own the pub, and refuse to abide by the landlord's (Moderators) rules. You also get the one's who have an issue with authority, the people who are antagonistic, and people who like to argue, for arguments sake.

You also get people who are barred/banned, and try and dupe the landlord by dressing differently, or using another name.

If I didn't like the way my landlord ran my pub, or the people frequenting it, I would boycott it and find another pub.

Here here, Lets all go to the 'pet sections inn':hihi:

Only joking don't ban me.

I think mods should have a limited term in power, because, as they say, power corrupts.

Some of them do (seem) to have let the power go to their heads and now feel they don't have to justify their actions or even explain themselves to us mere mortals.

I've seen it happen on lots of other forums.

Ive been personaly attacked by a mod on here.

Even had an admin pm me trying to smooth things over.

Defending the mods actions on his befalf and in the end i had to agree to disagree as i was getting nowhere.

Thank you :)

It's good to hear that there are those who actually understand that there are rules and it's down to the individual to choose to post within the rules or to go somewhere else which has rules they prefer.

You'd be amazed how many forum users have never been reported to the moderating team for breaking forum rules, never been warned or banned and who have needed no warnings whatsoever to post in such a fashion.

To all of those users (yourself included, I think) thank you for being such fabulous contributors to the forum community :)