Is SF more strict than it used to be?

Above all else, I feel this thread has presented those of us(myself included)that have had greivances with moderater dicisions and actions that the admin team have taken, with a refreshing insight that has enabled me at least to better understand the reasons for certain decisions and appreciate the efforts of those that volunteer to give up their time and tend to the 'behind the scenes' duties which I personally wouldn't want to do, but thanks to them, keeps the forum up and running.

if it's only helped one person then I'd say this thread is serving it's purpose

and I hope my post helped a little ;)

if it's only helped one person then I'd say this thread is serving it's purpose

and I hope my post helped a little ;)

Can you help me by telling me if the word scrote has been banned, if not why do you remove it from peoples posts, surely adding it to the filter would be better.

it's derogatory, offensive and an insult and as such I remove it when I see it, I agree adding it to the filter would be a good idea, however I don't have access to the filter, try suggesting it to the helpdesk

it's derogatory, offensive and an insult and as such I remove it when I see it, I agree adding it to the filter would be a good idea, however I don't have access to the filter, try suggesting it to the helpdesk

Ok esme thats all I needed to know, I had an instance removed by yourself over Christmas and wondered why seeing as my post was made jokingly anyway and not to cause offence, thanks for clearing it up.

Are mods who are actively participating in the discussion now allowed to moderate that thread?

Since most of the mod team have posted on the thread, I'd imagine that they will have to. Unless the thread is to be unmoderated, or closed.

Very little has been taken out of the thread though, maybe twenty posts. As far as I can see, they have all been removed for very clear reasons/breaches of forum rules.

If anything, this thread is being very lightly moderated. (Although I notice that you don't share this view:cool:).

Like disagreeing with a mod?:rolleyes:

Or wanting to continue a line of discussion (not necessarily with the mods).

Or, from another perspective, a poster ignoring requests to use a different channel to discuss a very particular point.

As I said, the moderation on this thread has been very lightweight and has made for an excellent healthy discussion.