Is SF more strict than it used to be?

If you don't share our interests your opinion isn't welcome.. is that it?

It's a double standard Willman.

There's nothing hypocritical about having different codes of conduct in different areas of a large forum.

What exactly is your problem with some areas of a forum being designated for robust argument and others a pleasant chat/<REMOVED>? Is it really beyond you to understand that a particular behaviour can be appropriate or inappropriate depending upon where you are?

Edited by esme
prime example of not family friendly

There's nothing hypocritical about having different codes of conduct in different areas of a large forum.

What exactly is your problem with some areas of a forum being designated for robust argument and others a pleasant chat/<REMOVED>? Is it really beyond you to understand that a particular behaviour can be appropriate or inappropriate depending upon where you are?

Thats what I was trying, but failing to say. I thank you

Edited by esme
quoting a prime example of not family friendliness

No, I imagine it's more like; if you're being intentionally antagonistic, and only want to cause trouble; then your opinion isn't welcome.
Why does 'not sharing someones views about animals' mean I'm out to cause trouble on the pet group section? I'm sure the pet group users don't feel that they're out to cause trouble when posting critical comments on other threads they participate in.

Threads, which should blatantly be removed, are allowed to continue where other threads get deleted.

Did you report these threads? As mentioned before, we will only see and remove threads or posts breaking forum rules if they have been reported.

Maybe there's a case for not letting a single person make such descisoions?

The decisions are based on the forum rules which should be followed by posters in the first instance. If no breaches of forum rules are made we'd all be playing xbox instead of deleting threads.

Maybe there's a case for not letting a single person make such descisoions?

You'll find that very often we do discuss the decisions with each other if we don't think it's entirely clear-cut what our response should be.

Why does 'not sharing someones views about animals' mean I'm out to cause trouble on the pet group section? I'm sure the pet group users don't feel that they're out to cause trouble when posting critical comments on other threads they participate in.

Would you visit the football section to discuss cricket?

Wishing death to pets for instance isn't what an interest group is about. Similalry if i'm honest people bitching continually about dog poo isn't for the pet section.(but thats just my opinion)

Displaying that type of opinion would be for the main board.