Is SF more strict than it used to be?

I never said criticism wasn't allowed - but the point of say Badminton group is to discuss badminton not to mock the sport,for instance. The point of the pet section isn't to ridicule or to make jokes at the expense of peoples interests in the groups.
If you don't share our interests your opinion isn't welcome.. is that it?

It's a double standard Willman.

If there is a pet group and your only input is to make fun of people with pets, then what is your real input and why are you wasting your time on there in the first place? Not you specifically danot, but the troll type silly posters in general. If there is a thread for people to talk about their hobby or interest and it is not your interest then why go on and post jibes? I think this is when the mods step in, it isn't like religion or politics where we all have opinions on it. I am not going to go into the cat knitting section and make fun of them as I have no interest in knitting for cats.

Your opinion is welcome - but why would someone with no interest want to visit the group just to make an attempt at being witty. That isn't sharing an opinion it's taking the pee.

But i can't say that i don't agree about double standards in some instances on the forum.

If there is a pet group and your only input is to make fun of people with pets, then what is your real input and why are you wasting your time on there in the first place? Not you specifically danot, but the troll type silly posters in general. If there is a thread for people to talk about their hobby or interest and it is not your interest then why go on and post jibes? I think this is when the mods step in, it isn't like religion or politics where we all have opinions on it. I am not going to go into the cat knitting section and make fun of them as I have no interest in knitting for cats.
Ok, If someone started a thread aiming to discuss why they believe religion is a load of old tosh, would you expect anyone and everyone to be allowed to express their views, or just those that share the OP's views?

I'm active on a number of fora (just done a quick count and it's over 20!...must get out more...) and the Sheffield Forum is by far the most over-moderated of them all, and I do not feel they are doing this effectively. Threads, which should blatantly be removed, are allowed to continue where other threads get deleted.

Certain members of the moderating team are, and have been, quite helpful.

The rest, well, as damo said earlier on in the thread, are abusing their power.

I look forward to seeing this change in the future.

Ok, If someone started a thread aiming to discuss why they believe religion is a load of old tosh, would you expect anyone and everyone to be allowed to express their views, or just those that share the OP's views?

I thought we were drawing a line under how the Group Leaders action a group, and how this isn't comparable to the main sections of the Forum?

But if there is a section for christians to talk about their faith with each other then that is different. Some threads are obviously for people who share a passion and some are obviosuly set up for discussion from all people. I reckon if you want to discuss people who treat animals like childre and why they are odd, do it in the general section and you can and will get open debate. I wouldn't go into the sport section to say it is a load of crud, I would do that in the general. While I agree there is sometimes a vast difference in what mods will accept, this will continue to happen as it is an unpaid role.

I look forward to seeing your threads Danot as I reckon you will get some good arguments going. I say do it. Do it now, just make sure you do it in the right area and I will be sure to chip in.