Blood, a nice gift!

I assume bi sexual men fall under the same remit as well. As well as women who live with bi men.

they don't care what you get up to as long as it's with the opposite sex.

they don't care what you get up to as long as it's with the opposite sex.

See post #76.... :) :)

Having just received numerous request cards from the blood bank, I rang up to explain why i've not been down (infection), but it was quite worrying to hear that stocks are low. They normally are at this time of year, but especially so at the moment.

To quote:

Ready to do something Amazing?

Give blood. I did this for the first time ever last month. No pain, no I'll effects at all. Plus a very sexy nurse chatted to me for ages.

See post #76.... :) :)

So, providing I don't have sex (ever again) with the person I've been in a monogamous relationship with for 10 years, I can donate blood.

screw that, they can whistle.

Hi,

I'm a journalism student at the University of Sheffield. I'm doing a TV project on blood donation and why its important.

I'm looking to interview people who either are alive because of a blood transfusion, or people who started giving blood because of something that happened to them or someone they were close to.

Is there anyone out there who'd be willing to help me?

Samantha

If you can help the OP with her project please contact her by PM.

Just trying to remember when I last went to town to give blood, I know it didn't take long and I had a nice natter with my tea and biscuits after, but no, can't remember, but I know when I see the sign i'll remember and go inside...

I used to give on a regular basis in town, however they turned it in to an appointment system therefore i am unable to call in as I am passing.

And I am not waiting an hour for an appointment as I was told i would have to do the last time I went in.

I've been banned for life from giving blood to the American Red Cross!

I had the chicken pox as an adult, which screwed up my immune system. That resulted in a false-positive HIV test after my first blood donation. All subsequent tests have been negative but I can never donate unless they change the official policy some day.:(

I don't really blame them; I agree it's better to err on the side of caution.

im not allowed to donate blood due to having a transfusion, wish i could so i could give back and help someone else

I was a regular donor until I got cancer. Now they won't have me even though I'm healthy now.

I've been banned for life from giving blood to the American Red Cross!

I had the chicken pox as an adult, which screwed up my immune system. That resulted in a false-positive HIV test after my first blood donation. All subsequent tests have been negative but I can never donate unless they change the official policy some day.:(

I don't really blame them; I agree it's better to err on the side of caution.

I'm surprised about that!!!! :) :)

In this country, if there's a false-pos result for any of the screening tests, a "sample only" can be taken and tested next time, if that's negative, the donor's back on the panel...!!!

If a sample is postitive on the first test, it's tested twice more, if either of the repeat tests are positive, the donation is discarded and the samples are referred for confirmatory testing - only if that final test is positive, would the donor be informed...