Blood, a nice gift!

My wife has donated 78 pints up to now and counting,she rarely misses,her blood apparently heps babies.

My wife has donated 78 pints up to now and counting,she rarely misses,her blood apparently heps babies.

Well done her. I'm coming up to 50 pints this year

I first gave blood when I was in the Army 46 years ago, I then received a card that I was asked to carry stating that I was 'O' Rhesus Negative, it must have looked like an underground season ticket as I used it for 12 months without paying.

I still donate today.

I am going to have a pint of blood taken every week for at least the next 6 months and it's all going to be thrown away, (haemochromatosis).:(

I'm bumping this every time I give blood, as I think it's a worthwhile cause. If you are looking for a New Years resolution, how about giving blood?

They have a shortfall of people to take part in a survey about the intervals of giving blood. In Sheffield they are short of about 1000 people alone. More information here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25404797

Great idea Red, I must do the same. Happy New Year.

I still owe society a debt for mine & my little girls lifesaving transfusions.

I will have to find a way to repay. Only the rules still state I can't ever be a donor.

Well done all you lifesavers:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I don't think you will ever know how grateful us recipients are xxx

Edited by Bethsmummy