Sheffield Lib-Dem crosses the floor

Tony

Good to see you to.

As always Mr Nobody entering a thread at the last minute offering words of advice.

Good job your not a solicitor, you'd certainly not make any money ;)

Bless you Joe-Public.

As always it is a pleasure to read your unbiased ,many-faceted reasoned words.

As for last minute - I fear this is just beginning.

But better late than never.

As for my legal skills - you know you can always ring me. But on a serious note here are my words of advice for you and your seniors. Curran left. Just get on with it. By using police investigations or suspensions etc you are merely prolonging an issue which should be yesterdays news.

Do you not think that by highlighting the fact you have a 'dossier' on the Sheffield public that was ALLEDGEDLY worth stealing you might unsettle the public. Also extending the issue is giving fuel to the fire as to why the councillor left.

There are far more important issues for your party to fight and win on.

You are not playing this right. Promise.

Edited by Mr Nobody

This is one of those situations where I really really wish that I could repeat everything that I knew about this case. Especially as it might quieten down those of the Labour persuasion who seem certain that there can be an innocent explanation for a councillor requesting access to thousands of people's personal data days before defecting to another party. :rolleyes:

Whatever political colour you are, that sort of behaviour simply isn't acceptable, and I'm shocked that the person at the centre of this case is someone who less than a week ago I still thought to be one of my closest and most trusted friends. C'est la vie.

And with that, may I respectfully suggest that all in this thread respect the ongoing criminal investigation - whether they are armed with the facts or not?

Bless you Joe-Public.

As always it is a pleasure to read your words of unbiased many-faceted reasoned words.

As for last minute - I fear this is just beginning.

But better late than never.

As for my legal skills - you know you can always ring me. But on a serious note here are my words of advice for you and your seniors. Curran left. Just get on with it. By using police investigations or suspensions etc you are merely prolonging an issue which should be yesterdays news.

Do you not think that by highlighting the fact you have a 'dossier' on the Sheffield public that was ALLEDGEDLY worth stealing you might unsettle the public. Also extending the issue is giving fuel to the fire as to why the councillor left.

There are far more important issues for your party to fight and win on.

You are not playing this right. Promise.

How can they prove what info he supposed to have taken ?

They could say he has taken anything but unless you have to log in with a password to obtain the info then there is no proof unless they found it on him. Even with a log in password others in the office could have has access to it or he could claim that and the case is blown out of the water. I can see this being an investigation to cost the people of Sheffield thousands for nothing and then the finger will get pointed at the lib dems for wasting money.

Now suppose they 'bust' his home and did find something on a memory stick, they would then have to prove others had seen it or used the info for some sort of personal gain or had copies to use later, if that cant be proved then he is just in possession of information he had access to for a long time anyhow, stuff he was already privy too so again they have to prove some sort of intent.

I doubt this will go anywhere, its all a smoke screen to keep in power, so that this man is tainted and cant tip the scales of power in the other direction. I cannot even see the police getting involved other than a basic investigation consisting of asking him if he has anything.

This is one of those situations where I really really wish that I could repeat everything that I knew about this case. Especially as it might quieten down those of the Labour persuasion who seem certain that there can be an innocent explanation for a councillor requesting access to thousands of people's personal data days before defecting to another party. :rolleyes:

Whatever political colour you are, that sort of behaviour simply isn't acceptable, and I'm shocked that the person at the centre of this case is someone who less than a week ago I still thought to be one of my closest and most trusted friends. C'est la vie.

And with that, may I respectfully suggest that all in this thread respect the ongoing criminal investigation - whether they are armed with the facts or not?

I think you should tell us instead of all the insinuations. for all we know you could just be wafting the smoke around to make it look like the fire is bigger than it is.

If it turns out to be all baloney I hope this bloke drags you to court with the rest of them who who are claiming publicly he has done something wrong even before the police have fully investigated the case.

This is one of those situations where I really really wish that I could repeat everything that I knew about this case.

Insinuate and then show caution, Classic :hihi:

Do you know, I'm going to type a standard response and just keep posting it, to save the tiresome repetition of this :

The only councillors who posts on the Forum are Joe Taylor and John Robson. The only ones. No other councillors post on this Forum.

No councillors have posted on this thread. I am not a councillor.

I really do hope this is clear.

Clear as mud Rosy...(!)

I happen to believe you arent a councillor. Thanks for clearing that up, however, you didnt need to justify your own position as you will see I said it "appeared" that this may have been taken over by councillors/party members. I dont expect anyone to justify their own position. Let people read the posts and decide for themselves if the writer is politically bias. Im not saying it has for definate been taken over nor am I trying to out people. However, I do wonder how you can make such bold statement like the one above. How would you KNOW this?

I for one, do not believe that Joe Taylor and John Robson are the only councillors who post on the forum. Whether this is my individual opinion or indeed if there others on the forum think the same is irrelevant - its a public forum and I and others are surely entitled to voice opinion, provided we dont break the forum rules ofcourse. IMHO I believe that they may not be the only ones to post under their "councillor hats". However, I am sure that there are many that decide (for whatever reason) to hide behind a user name, councillor or otherwise.

Any old Joe (or Jane) could claim to be a ordinary member of the public when he reality he (or she) could be a current city councillor or political party member.

Edited by *bobstar*

Any old Joe (or Jane) could claim to be a ordinary member of the public when he reality he (or she) could be a current city councillor or political party member.

Ill go along with that statement. Im sure of the last part, you only have to read how vigorously some people promote and go after various parties on her and rarely step out side of those sorts of topics.

I myself try to steer clear of political topics because I come on here to enjoy it and politics is too highly stressing an issue.

I only ended up on here after hearing about this accusation on the radio and thinking to myself in the car how pathetic and desperate the accusation sounded on it. I for one don't really have any bias either way politically, I have voted lib dem in the past as well as labour, then back to the lib dems after Blair did a number on us all. But I voted lib dem at the election and feel somewhat cheated out of my vote so now I have not got a clue where I stand politically any more, I think Im just going to pretend there's no such thing as voting for a while.

Anyhow, I don't think any of this is going to go further than accusations, I would be surprised if the police go balls out on this one unless pressured to. I think in any case they would be up against it trying to prove any intent without this bloke sticking his hand up or the Labour party (who have already denied knowing anything) saying that he is bent and they have been approached with something.

The info if any is going to be hard to prove what it was, even if like I say he logged in then they would have to find out what was copied and even that would not be enough without him on video actually doing it, because anyone could have logged in as him as others would have had access and a motive to discredit him.

This is a road of egg shells no matter which direction they are walking in, anyone could end up with a charge out of this lot if the saga goes on :D

Its going to be interesting to see it pan out :P

you could repeat everything you know about this case but you wont because of either fear of being sued/prosecuted/dismissed from your post . if there is an innocent explanation of a councillor taking this information away with him, what i would like to know is what information the council holds on people and is that information only avaible to a certain few people?.

Anyhow, I don't think any of this is going to go further than accusations, I would be surprised if the police go balls out on this one unless pressured to.......

It depends upon what you mean by 'balls out', but they are investigating the matter:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-11393223

South Yorkshire Police said enquiries were taking place into the allegations.

A police statement said: "The force have received allegations regarding theft of confidential data from Sheffield City Council.

"Officers will be carrying out enquiries to establish the circumstances of the allegations."