Sheffield Lib-Dem crosses the floor

Tony

Its full of holes, like a two bob Hank Janson.

Ironside would have his work cut out proving or disproving this.

This non story needs dispatching from whence it came,the gutter.

So you would be happy that a servant of the public took information that may contain details about yourself that had been legitimately obtained by a political party and, although that may have broken a law, you would not want that person to be investigated?

It seems to me that when we knew that MPs had wrongly claimed expenses then they were brought to task and took to court for that, but now that it doesn't fit in with peoples beliefs ( due to the fact that this person defected to the labour party) then we should not waste public money investigating this??

Damned if you do and Damned if you dont springs to mind

It appears that Mr Curran's actions of allegedly transferring data whilst walking across to the Labour Party, have indeed conjured up a picture in the minds of many people who voted for him, of a man with devious intentions, whether or not this is true only time will tell.

It would be wise of Mr Curran to Stand down and for the sake of democracy call a by election, only then will the people of Walkley be satisfied that they have a true Councillor

either be it Lib Dem or Labour.

Edited by Joe-Public
addition

So you would be happy that a servant of the public took information that may contain details about yourself that had been legitimately obtained by a political party and, although that may have broken a law, you would not want that person to be investigated?

It seems to me that when we knew that MPs had wrongly claimed expenses then they were brought to task and took to court for that, but now that it doesn't fit in with peoples beliefs ( due to the fact that this person defected to the labour party) then we should not waste public money investigating this??

Damned if you do and Damned if you dont springs to mind

Straws and clutching at springs to my mind.

This deputy is showing himself a natural successor to Scriven.

It appears that Mr Curran's actions of allegedly transferring data whilst walking across to the Labour Party, have indeed conjured up a picture in the minds of many people who voted for him, of a man with devious intentions, whether or not this is true only time will tell.

It would be wise of Mr Curran to Stand down and for the sake of democracy call a by election, only then will the people of Walkley be satisfied that the have a true Councillor

either be it Lib Dem or Labour.

Just wondering if this has ever happened before and whether there was a precedent set?

[/b]

Your post makes no sense at all to me...Explain please

I notice that you did not answer my question either

Make of it what you will.

Perhaps, and its a big perhaps,he came across information that sickened him, regarding how the higher ups regard the Sheffield public as sponges willing to soak up anything.

Shocking condescending entries mocking the plebs.

Then again maybe not,just speculating like you guys.

Just wondering if this has ever happened before and whether there was a precedent set?

Google "councillor defects" and you will see lots of examples. No mention of a by-election being called in any cases.

Of course, we are supposed to elect candidates on the basis of their principles & policies, not the party they belong to, so it shouldn't actually matter, but the fact is that the party they choose to represent is a statement of their political beliefs, so defecting from one party to another is like saying "everything I once stood for & promised voters... well, I've changed my mind". That's not something that would normally happen after only a few months on the job, (unless you are someone with fairly weak principles in the first place, perhaps).

Again, this is why I'd be in favour of recall laws allowing the voting public to call a by-election (requiring a certain number of signatures) when they feel their councillor / MP is not doing their job properly.

Make of it what you will.

Perhaps, and its a big perhaps,he came across information that sickened him, regarding how the higher ups regard the Sheffield public as sponges willing to soak up anything.

Shocking condescending entries mocking the plebs.

Then again maybe not,just speculating like you guys.

Cannot make anything of it so if you dont want to explain then it is meaningless.

Quote from the Star

"The database will include people's voting intentions, which had been volunteered to Lib Dem canvassers along with mobile phone numbers, email addresses and details of Lib Dem councillors' casework.

Such information would be very useful to rival politicians."

If you look at previous posts - especially those from Cllr Harston .....

Cllr Harston is no longer Cllr Harston, just plain old Mr Harston. Give him his dues though - he's always been open about his identity.

Ive read this thread, I have my view on the actions taken by Cllr Curran. However, it appears that this thread has been hijacked somewhat by members of and Cllrs of political (various) parties for their own agenda.

Give then general public some credit to use their own noggin. You lot carry on with your bun fight. Joe Public can guess who you are!

Edited by *bobstar*

I cant believe they have now lowered themselves to making allegations against him about stealing data.

I heard some mardy trumped up Lib dem on the radio talking about it, he took some info off a pc (they reckon) the day before he had had enough and left them, the allegation is that they think he could have done something with it, no evidence no details of what they think he has actually done, just that they want the4 police to look into it ?

Pathetic, its just an attempt to secure that Scrivens job, they fear his days of having photo shoots in the star could be numbered