Sheffield Lib-Dem crosses the floor

Tony

Having the sig that you have is a fair sign of where you're coming from :D
So where do YOU think Im coming from then?

Or is are you adopting the Sheff lib dem policy of making aspersions without any substance ?

I put it because of the Irony of the post, because I found it funny that anyone would imply one thing and then ask people to hold back from implying anything while there is an investigation on going, can you not see how contradictory and funny that is ?

Do I need an objective to find humour in something ?

he stood on a platform of following the lib dem policies presumably?

Which the Glib Dims abandoned to grab a little power, for a little time.

Canvassing for political opinions is not "sales and marketing" as per the Telephone Preference Scheme.

Of course it's marketing (you're phoning people and asking for information). That sounds like marketing. Just because you use a different word (canvassing) doesn't mean it is still not marketing. You're trying to sell you party/manifesto to the populace.

Even if you view failing to 'keep the data secure' as the offence, it would still be Curran who has committed that offence.

But the Glib Dims would also be censored for not securing the data in the first place. They are responsible for the security of their data.

They're called politicians

I prefer the term "self serving liars", myself.

So I don't understand why on earth they would be calling the police?

Because they're on a slippery slope to oblivion (politically).

1. Will you be voting at the next election?

2. Which party do you normally vote for?

3. Which party do you intend to vote for this time?

Which is why people should answer:

1) What's it to do with you?

2) Mind your own business.

3) That's between me, and the ballot box.

At least then you shouldn't be harassed by them again.

Oh.... And never give them your phone number, and use a disposable email address if you should ever need to contact any political party via email.

whether they are armed with the facts or not?

Ok..

Fact 1. A Lib Dem councillor downloaded a database.

Fact 2. A few days later the Lib Dem councillor defects to Labour.

Where's the crime? He accessed what any other Lib Dem councillor/MP could.

I'm looking for a crime, but can only see common practice:confused:.

I happen to believe you arent a councillor.

Wannabe councillor:D.

The force have received allegations regarding theft of confidential data from Sheffield City Council.[/i]

Which is quite insane. They're saying he stole from SCC, yet he is (still) and SCC councillor.

The whole thing stinks of a smear campaign.

]FOR LIBERAL DEMOCRAT PURPOSES

And when he accessed the data he was a LIB Dem Councillor.

So he broke no rules/law (unless he is using the data - which Labour are saying they never received).

Which is quite insane. They're saying he stole from SCC, yet he is (still) and SCC councillor.

The whole thing stinks of a smear campaign.

And when he accessed the data he was a LIB Dem Councillor.

So he broke no rules/law (unless he is using the data - which Labour are saying they never received).

At least someone gets what I thought when I first heard of this on the radio.

No, sccsux, I don't want to be a councillor. If I'd wanted to be a councillor, I'd have put my name forward for the Municipal Panel. I don't want to, so I didn't.

Very few people who belong to a political party have ambitions to become a councillor. We don't. I don't.

I wish, Bobstar, you'd try to understand that city councillors don't spend their time wondering what people on the Sheffield Forum think about issues. They spend their time dealing with their own constituents.

Sheffield Forum is not representative of the views of the people of Sheffield. You only have to look at the polls that are put up each election time. They are never accurately reflect the results.

I'm sure people would like to think that what we have to say is important enough for busy elected members to pore over day after day, but I'm afraid that's far from the truth.

Edited by RosyRat

At least someone gets what I thought when I first heard of this on the radio.

It seems pretty obvious to me.

Just seems like the political hacks can't (or won't because of their affiliations) see it.

Never mind. It'll all come out in the wash (so to speak).

You obviously dont read many threads on here or read them and disregard the facts.

You don't have to

No you are just saying what is reasonable.

Many people say that the party has changed but the party has not changed.The parties values remain the same. Here are the Lib Dem Policies adopted by the Coalition.

Fair Taxes

Tax threshold raised, taking nearly 1 m low paid workers out of tax.Will be raised year on year.

NI threshold raised taking 650,000 out of paying NI .

Capital Gains tax raised and tax credits cut for wealthier people but increased for poorer families.

Employment and Business

1Bn Regional Growth Fund targeted at areas dependant on public sector employment.

Tax rate for small business reduced, providing relief for 850,000 small companies.

Banks

A 2bn levy on banks and measures to ensure more loans available to British Firms.

Commission to consider seperating investment and retail banking to protect ordinary people from speculators.

Pensioners

pensions linked to earnings with guarantee of annual increases of at least 2.5%

Proper compensation for equitable Life victims.

Environment

A green investment Bank supporting eco friendly businesses.

Backing for the hi speed rail network, tax planes not passengers. 3rd runway at Heathrow scrapped.

Target for UK Co2 emissions reductions by 2020 raised to 30%

Education

Pupil premium targetted to help disadvantaged pupils.

Teachers given more control over curriculum.

10k extra university places funded this year.

Civil Liberties

Abolition of ID Cards, ban DNA database for innocent people

Outlaw the finger printing of children

Political reform

Fixed term parliaments;elected House of Lords

Right to sack MPs guilty of serious misconduct.

referendum ON AVwhich would ensure all MPs had support of 50% or more of their constituents.

So your partner has never stood for councillor?

I've lost count of the number of times each of us has replied to this. He stood and will probably stand again as a paper candidate. Paper candidates put their names forward for wards where they know they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of being elected. It's to make up the numbers. Every party does it.

Just consider where he's had his name on the ballot paper :

Fulwood

Stannington

West Ecclesfield

Neither he nor I have political ambitions. I was councillor for Gleadless Valley ward for 3 years and finished 2 years ago. We don't want to be councillors, we are Labour Party activists and campaign for Labour. Neither of us are on the Municipal Panel and neither of us are interested in being councillors.

I really do hope that this is clear enough now.

Paper candidates put their names forward for wards where they know they haven't a snowball's chance in hell of being elected. It's to make up the numbers. Every party does it.

Just consider where he's had his name on the ballot paper :

Fulwood

Stannington

West Ecclesfield

Neither he nor I have political ambitions. I was councillor for Gleadless Valley ward for 3 years and finished 2 years ago. We don't want to be councillors, we are Labour Part activists and campaign for Labour.

I really do hope that this is clear enough now.

I know. It does though ,to me, highlight the hypocrisy that is rife within our system.

Why bother to stand for election if you have no chance of being elected? Just seems daft (and a waste of money for leaflets/canvassers etc).

Why bother to stand for election if you have no chance of being elected? Just seems daft (and a waste of money for leaflets/canvassers etc).

Because even in the West Ecclesfields, Fulwoods and Stanningtons of this world, there are people who want to vote Labour and shouldn't be denied a chance to do so. In the same way that there are people in Manor Castle who have the right to cast their vote for the Tories if they so wish.

In a ward where there is a paper candidate, they don't canvass or campaign. Funds are very short and only go to the seats which are considered winnable.

I wonder if we could get back on topic now. This subject has been done to death so often on the Forum.

Edited by RosyRat