Cashing in scrap metal

We are having work done on our house and have some copper pipes, 2 steel RSJ's, large radiator, kitchen sink.....is it worth taking this somewhere to cash in? Anywhere in South sheffield? Also not sure how we would get the RSJ's there. Is there anyone who would come for it and give cash? Or is that optimistic!

Don't leave it outside, or it will find its own way to the scrap yard!

We are having work done on our house and have some copper pipes, 2 steel RSJ's, large radiator, kitchen sink.....is it worth taking this somewhere to cash in? Anywhere in South sheffield? Also not sure how we would get the RSJ's there. Is there anyone who would come for it and give cash? Or is that optimistic!

Ill come pick them up! 50p sound alrite?:hihi:

Serious note maybe look on yell.com for local companies, i think there is one on attercliffe road, they maybe come to pick it up if they think its worth it, give um a ring and ask, what you goto lose?

The rads are worthless, leave em out for the pikies along with the RSJ.

The sink is worth 50p ish.

The copper does have value but it all depends how much you have. If its not much, it wont cover your petrol to drive it to the scrap yard.

There is a scrap yard on the end of Broadfield Rd (RSJ place).

hence - people in my area just leave stuff out now - we know that pikies etc come around Sheffield 6 at least 3 to 4 times a day. Guaranteed not to make any money out of leaving stuff outside, BUT equally guaranteed for it to go within an hour or so - thus saving you the cost of disposal and transport to the tip. No money to be made but save yourself the cost of disposal -stick it outside with a note - free to take - it will go!

The rads are worthless, leave em out for the pikies along with the RSJ.

The sink is worth 50p ish.

The copper does have value but it all depends how much you have. If its not much, it wont cover your petrol to drive it to the scrap yard.

There is a scrap yard on the end of Broadfield Rd (RSJ place).

Stainless sinks are worth 4 quid mate. Rads depending on weight and rsjs will be something between 10 - 20 quid? would know because im a scrapman myself.

Tell you what though Sam,there's no more manly feeling on earth than going and weighing in a bit of scrap,even if it's just a few quid.It also feels a little bit like winning a few quid on the national for an amature gambler,you really feel like you've got summat f' nowt,even if it costs you more to get it there than you make.:hihi:

Everyone should weigh in some scrap at least once in a lifetime.

Edited by muchtoofair

Stainless sinks are worth 4 quid mate. Rads depending on weight and rsjs will be something between 10 - 20 quid? would know because im a scrapman myself.

So. I load up a sink and an RSJ, drive it across town for £14:loopy:

Its all your love.

Have to agree with muchtoofair.

Take it and find out. When I was doing up my house I took out the old huge copper boiler and pipes put in, in the 50's from upstairs and dumped it at the local tip, the guys working there came out gushing all over saying thanks, which I thought was odd.

A few months later I took the copper from downstairs with some old copper wire on got £50, I felt a real chump as I realised I had dumped maybe £150.

If the rads and RSJ are any good you might freecycle them.

In my experience its not worth taking ferrous metals to scrap yard but copper and taps(brass) and any lead it is. Again as people have said you need to have enough to make it worth your trip.