Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

Pat Leslie is the name your looking for I think. She's my husbands aunt & she still bellts out a good tune. She sang with the greycats.

What about the Baron Knights, The Rave Ons, Eric Baxter and his orchestra and the female singer that sang with the band ( can't remember her name)

The singer with Eric Baxter was his wife,forgot her name I worked at the Locarno in 1962 Eric Came from Tyne Side

Pat Leslie is the name your looking for I think. She's my husbands aunt & she still bellts out a good tune. She sang with the greycats.

No, sorry, that's not the name. The lady I am thinking of was always a solo act. I do remember Pat Leslie though and it's nice to hear she still sings.

Got it now. It was BARBARA JACKSON.

My all time favourites were The Jigsaw, who later changed their name to The Bitter Suite - they were fantastic :cool:

My all time favourites were The Jigsaw, who later changed their name to The Bitter Suite - they were fantastic :cool:

I know Stuart Middleton from Bitter Suite. Known him for almost 40 years.

Border Reiver can you remember who played in Jigsaw & Bitter Suite? was it Gerry Scanlan

Barry Marshall & a drummer called Roger?

Pat Leslie, She sang with the greycats.

Anyone know what happened to Kevin Baines, used to play with the Greycats & lived on the Shirecliffe ?

Anyone know what happened to Kevin Baines, used to play with the Greycats & lived on the Shirecliffe ?

I know Barry Holmes who used to play keyboard/piano with the Greycats in the 60's. Pat Leslie was in the group then. Barry may know what happened to Kevin Baines. Barry still plays and does a mean Nut Rocker. So, I'll PM you Barry's address and phone number. I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you and may be able to 'fill you in'.

I know Stuart Middleton from Bitter Suite. Known him for almost 40 years.

saw bitter sweet at top rank on a saturday afternoon about 34 years ago

re Lynne Gillett,

Lynne is still performing. She is in a band called All Woman and are working regularly in the local Working mens' clubs.

Wavey.

I've just found this thread. I know it's an old one, but does anyone on here know Lynne? If it's the same one from the Sue Darrrel 4 band of the 60s, I'd love to hear/contact her again.

The singer with Eric Baxter was his wife,forgot her name I worked at the Locarno in 1962 Eric Came from Tyne Side

I seem to recall that an outfit called The Dudley Conn Trio was either the supporting band for Eric Baxter and his Orchestra or a stand in when the orchestra wasn't playing.