Bands of the sixties in Sheffield

On 20/12/2023 at 19:03, Padders said:

Very rare you get any bitterness on the History and Expats section.....

Off topic a bit but to reply to Padders

That's because everyone's talking of the old days and nice pastimes,   rather than todays wars and mankind's bloodthirsty methods of killing each other in the other sections.

You only have to mention one race or nationality and somebody pops up to say they should be wiped off the face of the earth.

I have been proposing peace every day for god knows how long but peace doesn't go down very well on SF.

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Another Sheffield band who do not get a mention are Jimmy James and the Vagabonds , 

They were really big in the late sixties , early seventies , I lived next door to a vagabond , lead guitarist Chris Garside , Watched him on TV one night while he was sat on  our settee ,   a recorded programme . Chris told me he never knew where all the money went he never saw much of it .

We always got free tickets when the band played at the Fiesta .

Do you mean Chris Garfield Jud?.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Do you mean Chris Garfield Jud?.

Yes we lived next door to him and his wife Jane , Jane  was Headmistress  at a large School between Mosbro and Marsh Lane during the miners strike ,  She told me that she was in the middle of battling family's at that time, She died a couple of years later ,We went to her funeral at Mosbro Chapel , She was a star .

I always get Chris's name wrong for some reason , We would often meet Jimmy James at their house at Walkley .  Love or Money .     Now is the Time  and so on .

According to his web site he has also been lead guitar and vocalist with Paul Carrack band

Edited by cuttsie