How safe are women out running?

Maxxy

do you know anyone with a dog you could borrow,they love running along side you

Yep, if mine would go with anyone else I'd consider lending her out for a bit of exercise with someone going running. Just make sure you borrow a Rhodesian Ridgeback or a German Shepherd instead of a lhasa apso!

Sounds like a good idea to me! I run on a daily basis, just along the side of the road and across the park.

Well you're welcome to join us if you fancy a change - although if you're running every day you are probably much faster than me. :bigsmile:

Could this be the beginning of the Sheffield Forum Striders running club where people meet up once or twice weekly and have a run. People from all levels welcome AND COMPLETE safety in numbers!

So, you joining our fledgling SFS Running Club Somnambulist? You can't go making suggestions like that and not join in :hihi:

You're daft being embarrassed - I'm big and I run 4 times a week - I couldn't care less! Just by running you are putting yourself in a very small percentage of the population who could even run a mile. Anyone who says anything is just proving that they are a moron - nothing else!

I once had some kids yelling something at me (not really sure what, I am usually listening to music!) so I stopped and asked if they'd like to join me for a couple of miles and see how they get on? They were strangely quiet ;-)

Anyway - if you do run alone be sensible. Stick to well lit areas, main roads, take a phone with you, tell someone when you're expecting to be back, don't listen to any music so loud that you can't hear traffic/other people, wear high-viz clothing in the dark - and enjoy yourself!

Do you have a dog? Or one you can borrow? My collie-cross comes with me, she absolutely LOVES it and gets quite grumpy when I have an injury or a cold and have to stop for a week or two! She very quickly learned to run alongside me on a lead which goes round my waist - I don't think anyone would attack me with my hound next to me :-)

Happy running x