How safe are women out running?

Maxxy

My brother and I had this conversation yesterday. We went running round Dam Flask after work, and he is much faster than me so we agreed to meet back at the car. It was the first time I've run round more or less on my own and I must admit to feeling a little bit vulnerable - especially when i could see a really big fella with a dog walking towards me with a massive stick in his hand.

I don't want to get all paranoid about it so it won't stop me going, but it did cross my mind just how vulnerable women are in this situation and I didn't breathe easy till he was out of sight again.

My brother and I had this conversation yesterday. We went running after work, and he is much faster than me so we agreed to meet back at the car. It was the first time I've run round more or less on my own and I must admit to feeling a little bit vulnerable - especially when i could see a really big fella with a dog walking towards me with a massive stick in his hand.

I don't want to get all paranoid about it so it won't stop me going, but it did cross my mind just how vulnerable women are in this situation and I didn't breathe easy till he was out of sight again.

i feel the same. Because I'm starting out, I'm not comfortable running in public but am worried about being out alone. I go to the gym, but it's not as challenging on a treadmill and it's very boring.

I've been wanting to go for a run since 7 this morning and haven't gone because of this. doh.

Edited by Maxxy