How safe are women out running?

Maxxy

because I've got a big bum (which I'm shaking off slowly) and I feel like an idiot.

I felt stupid too at first, but I had to get over it as the race I was training for was all on the road.

Where do you run at the moment? If you try somewhere like Dam Flask (before it gets too dark in the evenings) you can run all or just part of it on the road and that helps you overcome the embarassment.

Plus, if you run where other people are also running you soon realise that people of all shapes and sizes are out there and to be honest, you don't think "ooh how fat is he/she" but "well done on getting out there and doing something".

I felt stupid too at first, but I had to get over it as the race I was training for was all on the road.

Where do you run at the moment? If you try somewhere like Dam Flask (before it gets too dark in the evenings) you can run all or just part of it on the road and that helps you overcome the embarassment.

Plus, if you run where other people are also running you soon realise that people of all shapes and sizes are out there and to be honest, you don't think "ooh how fat is he/she" but "well done on getting out there and doing something".

You can offer to go with Maxxy! That would be nice!

That sort of area is ideal as I live out that way so will prob try that next week when I can get mate to come out.

reet, off to the gym :D

I'll be honest, it had crossed my mind :hihi:

I'm slow though and it can be annoying for someone else being held back. Boyfriend keeps suggesting his mates that go running but I'd just hold others back at the mo. I'd better progress soon though as I've got to do 10k in December.

Lol, no. I just know how uncomfortable it is running with others when you feel all self conscious. My brother is now completely under the spell of running, but the first time he came out he confessed to having had a sleepless night worrying about it because he felt so stupid - and he was only running with me!! It was only when he realised that he is loads better than me at it that he chilled out and now doesn't care who comes with us.