How safe are women out running?

Maxxy

I think that the risk of being out alone is really quite minimal. You have to keep these things in perspective. Someone who goes out with the intent of targetting a woman isn't likely to be (to use one of the examples) out by dam flash reservoir, they're more likely to be in an alley way somewhere.

Someone walking there dog is most likely doing just that.

Personally I worry more when I find myself running towards a group of chavilly dressed youths. (Not that I'm female).

I found a cheap head torch in TK Maxx last year, good for running in the winter when the evenings close in. I stuck a standard bike lamp on the back of the elastic, so I look like slowly moving bike, bobbing up and down on the pavement (but at least I've not been run over).

Well the first official run of the SFS Running Club took place tonight but didn't go quite to plan. I got stuck in traffic so was late and so never managed to meet up with the others. Never mind, there's always another time :hihi:

On a good note, my bro and I decided to run a bit further tonight and did a really good hour of running. I never thought I would be able to say those words!! It's amazing how quickly you improve once you get into the right frame of mind for it. :banana:

Was really obvious that the nights are starting to close in though. Not be able to do that run for much longer.

Well the first official run of the SFS Running Club took place tonight but didn't go quite to plan. I got stuck in traffic so was late and so never managed to meet up with the others. Never mind, there's always another time :hihi:

On a good note, my bro and I decided to run a bit further tonight and did a really good hour of running. I never thought I would be able to say those words!! It's amazing how quickly you improve once you get into the right frame of mind for it. :banana:

Was really obvious that the nights are starting to close in though. Not be able to do that run for much longer.

We didn't do too badly. Although we didn't run all the way we made sure the rests didn't last long. As we set off my daughter said to my mate 'you should see mum, she's slow'. I had the last laugh though as I was first back to the car.