Samantha Orobator facing the death penalty

it doies not matter how you bend or twist the truth about drug mules,they carry drugs knowing the misery and death they cause and deserve very harsh prison terms

Yet the most consistantly ignored point is that these deaths pale into insignificance in relation to the deaths from the two most widely used legal drugs, cigs and alcohol!

Twisting the truth to ridiculous levels.

Exactly who "deserves" very harsh prison terms is debatable.

Edited by Magilla

it doies not matter how you bend or twist the truth about drug mules,they carry drugs knowing the misery and death they cause and deserve very harsh prison terms

The girl is only 20.

I would hope that she will spend some time in a womens jail near to her mum so that hopefully her mum can talk some sense into her.

Plus there is a nice little baby on the way and that will need attention.

Some of you on here are very harsh, you would be surprised how these drug bosses can take advantage of people.

I agree that the drug heroin can be deadly and it is a terrible burden on many societies however, this young lady does not deserve to die or rot in prison forever.

Perhaps she can do some college courses inside and then try and move on.

I watched an episode on "Banged up Abroad" where a white guy drug smuggler was caught with drugs in south america and now he is back in the UK and works for a local authority.

People can and do change, she is still young and with time she may mature and grow out of these ideas.

Yet the most consistantly ignored point is that these deaths pale into insignificance in relation to the deaths from the two most widely used legal drugs, cigs and alcohol!

Twisting the truth to ridiculous levels.

Exactly who "deserves" very harsh prison terms is debatable.

cigs and alcohol are legal, only over moderation of them kills

why aren't you campaigning for the proscription of alcohol and cigs?

Because it's none of my business what people put in to their own bodies (I smoke, but don't drink alcohol).

Also, prohibition does not work. Which is why I am in favour of the legalise, tax & control method mentioned earlier.

The girl is only 20.

I would hope that she will spend some time in a womens jail near to her mum so that hopefully her mum can talk some sense into her.

Plus there is a nice little baby on the way and that will need attention.

Some of you on here are very harsh, you would be surprised how these drug bosses can take advantage of people.

I agree that the drug heroin can be deadly and it is a terrible burden on many societies however, this young lady does not deserve to die or rot in prison forever.

Perhaps she can do some college courses inside and then try and move on.

I watched an episode on "Banged up Abroad" where a white guy drug smuggler was caught with drugs in south america and now he is back in the UK and works for a local authority.

People can and do change, she is still young and with time she may mature and grow out of these ideas.

there must be hundreds if not thousands of women that have had their children taken into care for the childs benefit why should this one be any different ?

there must be hundreds if not thousands of women that have had their children taken into care for the childs benefit why should this one be any different ?

It could be that this new addition is just what she needs to help turn her around. Someone that she can love and care for.

You are very quick to judge, she may make a fantastic parent.

And it would not concern me if she was butt ugly and brainless, she deserves a chance to be able to turn her life around.

It could be that this new addition is just what she needs to help turn her around. Someone that she can love and care for.

You are very quick to judge, she may make a fantastic parent.

And it would not concern me if she was butt ugly and brainless, she deserves a chance to be able to turn her life around.

you gambling on an assumption,if she is guilty then she must stand trial and accept the verdict ,she may as you say make a fantastic parent but if she is involved with drugs then on the same assumption i doubt she will

I am not bending or twisting anything. I am merely extending your line of reason to show how illogical and ludicrous it is.

Drug mule, scumbag, whatever you wish to label her and her ilk is, well, a smokescreen.

Here are the 'facts'.

A person brings in an illegal substance into a foreign country. Said person is caught and, if convicted, could face death penalty.

Now, it just so happens that we, as human beings, operate double standards. We say that this drug is illegal because it is harmful to the user, potentially fatal, highly addictive, wrecks the lives of those who use and their friends and family etc.,

These are some of the justifications that have been put forward for making 'drugs' illegal and not reversing the decision.

But, the same could be said for alcohol, cigarettes even intangible 'drugs' like gambling.

The makers of cigarettes or alcohol seem to be free from your wrath, eventhough statistically they probably kill more than herion or cocaine.

The purveyors of the produce do not appear to be on your vicious radar for zero compassion or understanding.

As I said, I am not twisting anything, I am interpreting your logic and extending it to other examples in life to illustrate how your attitude is flawed, hollow and weak.

Now, if you were advocating death to all in the tobacco and alcohol industry, then your attitude would be consistent and, although I would find it hard to concur with your goals, I would applaud your consistency.

I don't support the death penalty. I certainly don't support it for a 20 year old woman who at worst is likely to be guilty of gross naivite (sic?)

you're right pem - these holier than though, models of human perfection who say she deserves all that she gets make me puke.

What do they have to say about the legal drugs that most governments pedal to us all - kids included?

Oh! - but of course - because governments deem fags and booze legal everythings ok.

Narrow minded turkeys one and all.