Samantha Orobator facing the death penalty

I'm quite surprised this hasn't made the forum.

Samantha Orobator facing the death penalty for drug smuggling, and getting pregnant in a jail in Laos.

Now she's just been made eligible for a prisoner exchange programme, so she can serve her sentence out in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/8038112.stm

I'm not sure what to make of it. The report says "She does not deny she was a drugs mule, but says it was done under duress. " and that she wasn't raped in prison as first reported but had a fling in prison.

Well I have to say she deserves everything she gets, a willing drugs mule regardless of the claims of duress (did the person forcing her to do it have a gun to her head as she awlked through customs?). And she gets herself knocked up in prison and seems to think this will help her case. Tough luck, you are a crim, rot in jail.

I concur with ninja1889, I was watching the BBC news last night and thought for the sake of forks everywhere, why are they empathising with this low-life. She broke the law and I'm just sorry that our weak judges don't use their sentencing powers to the max over here. Long may she wallow in her own waste, there's enough smack - heads doing the same worldwide.

I don't support the death penalty. I certainly don't support it for a 20 year old woman who at worst is likely to be guilty of gross naivite (sic?)
and possibly guilty of killing hundreds with the drugs she intended to come home with and make a profit

I don't support the death penalty. I certainly don't support it for a 20 year old woman who at worst is likely to be guilty of gross naivite (sic?)

Why at worst? Is it not possible that she knew exactly what she was doing and decided to run the risk? What makes you sure that it's not intentional? Fact is, no one knows at this moment except her.

Edited by Moosey
Stupid keyboard!

I just hope she serves her sentence over there not in our cushy jails. It should then give her time to reflect on her stupid actions in wanting to get involved in drugs. She has made her bed, she must lie in it