Samantha Orobator facing the death penalty

if you agree with drugs halibut that your choice certainly not mine whats a matter are you a drug dealer ?

How can you 'agree' with drugs? They're a fact of life, like rain, or cars, or Monday mornings.

As others on this thread have already explained very well, much of the harm caused by illegal drugs is directly related to their illegality. Furthermore and perhaps more directly relevant in this case is jeremyjh1's observation.

I'll ask you again in csae you missed it bladegirl. What harm has this girls unborn child done? What crime has it committed?

Do you think it would be acceptable to kill this unborn child?

We have to unscrabble the government propoganda of the last 50 plus years before we can have a balanced debate on the 'drug' problem. Something drastic has to be done because there is so much money to be made that legislation wil never work.

Unfortunately governments have lied and manipulated us to such a degree that many people no longe believe what they are told about the dangers of drugs. Ecstacy and Heroin are both Class As for god's sake! Do we therefore deduce that they are both as damaging? Wrong.

We have to unscrabble the government propoganda of the last 50 plus years before we can have a balanced debate on the 'drug' problem. Something drastic has to be done because there is so much money to be made that legislation wil never work.

Unfortunately governments have lied and manipulated us to such a degree that many people no longe believe what they are told about the dangers of drugs. Ecstacy and Heroin are both Class As for god's sake! Do we therefore deduce that they are both as damaging? Wrong.

Oooooh don't go down that route. Drugs are drugs, didn't you know? As long as they are 'naughty', there is no difference whatsoever between a squat full of thieving heroin addicts at death's door and a couple of long haired students having a reefer :thumbsup:

Oooooh don't go down that route. Drugs are drugs, didn't you know? As long as they are 'naughty', there is no difference whatsoever between a squat full of thieving heroin addicts at death's door and a couple of long haired students having a reefer :thumbsup:

Odd that you can actually overdose on Nurofen and paracetamol.

And by the way, I'm not drawing any paralells apart from the fact that 'legal' drugs, when misused, can be as harmful as illegal drugs.

It seems that, once a drug is labelled illegal, it's impact suddenly increases. Whereas, a drug that is declared legal is somehow safe and not as damaging.

Morphine is legal, isn't it?, albeit controlled by prescription, deriving from opium which is....

Illegal.

She shouldn't hang

she won't.

CURRENT METHODS OF EXECUTION, EAST ASIA

Brunei : hanging

China : shooting, lethal injection

Indonesia : firing squad

Japan : hanging

Laos : firing squad

Malaysia : hanging

Mongolia : firing squad

Myanmar : hanging

Papua New Guinea : firing squad

Philippines : lethal injection

North Korea : firing squad, hanging

Singapore : hanging

South Korea : hanging

Taiwan : firing squad, lethal injection

Thailand : lethal injection

Vietnam : firing squad

in this part of the world, as the aircraft comes into land, the following message invariably comes over the tannoy, in English and often several other languages :

THE DEATH PENALTY WILL BE IMPOSED ON DRUGS TRAFFICKERS.

no ifs, or buts. It's 'will'. Don't mess about with drugs in this region. The penalties are severe.

if someone wants drugs legalised then in my opinion they are either doing thm themselves or dealing them. This giirl knew what she was doing when she smuggled the drugs into that country, so why should they be nice to her?Like i said before we are to lenient in this country we shouild follow example of other countries. This girl was found with drugs on her in my opinion that makes guilty so she should be dealt with accordingly.

if someone wants drugs legalised then in my opinion they are either doing thm themselves or dealing them. This giirl knew what she was doing when she smuggled the drugs into that country, so why should they be nice to her?Like i said before we are to lenient in this country we shouild follow example of other countries. This girl was found with drugs on her in my opinion that makes guilty so she should be dealt with accordingly.

You're wrong. I think they should be legalised and I've never taken anything other than caffeine and alcohol and I certainly don't deal.

How does that affect your opinion?

why should drugs be legalised? all they are addictive and people can d ie from them. apart from the other side effects also. Why would you want drugs legalised? if you are not using them like you say you're not what beenfit would this have to you?

There are existing threads on the topic if you want to explore it (where my reasoning is fully explained as is the reasoning of quite a few other posters), I just thought I'd point it out. A very very quick summary would be the right to personal liberty and self determination and removing revenue from organised crime.