Is Coop at Crookes worst shopping experience ever?

the co op in woodhouse is no better the staff are too busy talking about what they are going to do when they go out or what went off night before to bother serving you properly.twice now i have gone to the kiosk for gas and electric top up,asked for £5 0n each and they werte that busy chatting they put £10 on each and then said well you will have to pay as there is nothing they can do to take it off.and the staff on the deli counter are pig ignorant

when ever i go to coop in parson cross or ecclesfield i find there are 4-5 staff,1 serving no matter how long the que is and the rest talking to each other or customers while slowly stacking shelves.then they have a problem and call for some one,when they turn up they both mess about with whatever is wrong with the til instead of opening another one(they have 3).many times i have put things back sometimes just throwing them on the floor in anger.it really is time things changed,morrisons is the same,if not worse,it makes me laugh how i can buy hot food in morrisons but cant eat it hot outside(due to standing in a que of 10 ppl with lots of shopping),i only want 2 sausage rolls but the lady on the cd desk says i cant pay for them there,though i used to be able too.i'll just keep going to asda and my local shops,family run ones.much better service.

Yeah but these new supermarkets don't send the Hearst for ya

when you're a gonner, or the Sharrabang to take ya to Cleethorpes.

lint. Good try - sounds like they saw through you.

when ever i go to coop in parson cross or ecclesfield i find there are 4-5 staff,1 serving no matter how long the que is and the rest talking to each other or customers while slowly stacking shelves.then they have a problem and call for some one,when they turn up they both mess about with whatever is wrong with the til instead of opening another one(they have 3).many times i have put things back sometimes just throwing them on the floor in anger.it really is time things changed,morrisons is the same,if not worse,it makes me laugh how i can buy hot food in morrisons but cant eat it hot outside(due to standing in a que of 10 ppl with lots of shopping),i only want 2 sausage rolls but the lady on the cd desk says i cant pay for them there,though i used to be able too.i'll just keep going to asda and my local shops,family run ones.much better service.

This so sounds like the one on Southey Green Road

The manor park co-op is just as bad,they advertise all this lovely food on telly and when you shop there the shelves are empty,the only thing its good for is doing the lottery at least they cant run out of that!

The manor park co-op is just as bad,they advertise all this lovely food on telly and when you shop there the shelves are empty,the only thing its good for is doing the lottery at least they cant run out of that!

Well they are certainly better than the Southey one then....surprised they know what day it is

the co-op in town (angel street) is wonderful - always fully stocked and the staff are lovely and friendly!!!

:rant:As usual have done my shopping at Crookes again this evening and as always, wished i'd not bothered!

Their prices are sky high, the shop is freezing cold and the staff are appauling. Some of them would need instructions to open a can of beans!

Crookes desparately needs another supermarket, Coop realises there is no local competition and trades as shabbily as it wants.

Anyone else feel the same?

Just noticed this thread now.

Sometimes they have good offers on but they do not stay on often. I agree with some of the staff their have appauling customer care manner but there is a chap who works their & I think must be in his late fifties who is really nice & polite and always keen to help even with dippy people like myself who ask the Q) where the baking aisle is & it is there infront of me.

the co-op in town (angel street) is wonderful - always fully stocked and the staff are lovely and friendly!!!

Thought it had closed down years ago:confused:

Hello eveyone that has posted on here, just to let you know, I am an employee of the co-op and first of all the Area and Regional Managers read this forum, and that all your posts are noted and reported back to the store in question..... I know this because it happened to me. All negative reports are emailed to the said store, and the manager is accountable for it, and has to deal with and discapline accordingly.. on the same note all good points are also treated in the same way...Whilst yes the Co-op stores that most of you are shopping in,, they are convenience stores and therefore the prices are higher, Tesco and Sainsburys do the same with prices between there supermarkets and there little snack stores.. and please bare with us staff at co-op stores, I know it is frustrating for you as shoppers that you have to wait to be served,.. But if we do not have cages on the shop floor and fill the shelves, we do also get our lil asses kicked, and also then get complaints that there is no stock on the shelves.. We as little minnion staff cannot win, but trust me we do care.. I hope this has helped to clear up a few points for you all, :D

. But if we do not have cages on the shop floor and fill the shelves, we do also get our lil asses kicked, and also then get complaints that there is no stock on the shelves.. We as little minnion staff cannot win, but trust me we do care.. I hope this has helped to clear up a few points for you all, :D

I know the staff are not to blame for most of the problems. I'm pleased to hear that the managers are looking at this forum - I have a message for the manager of Fulwood Co-op. Do you think you could have a few less cages out in the shop at once? I've had to walk out on several occasions and go somewhere else because it simply wasn't possible to negotiate the aisles full of cages and young blokes standing around joking with each other and seemingly in no hurry to get the goods out so people can buy them. And letting your staff leave their tea and coffee mugs on the shelves of the shop gives an ever so slightly less than professional image.