Hillsborough Leisure Centre refuses entry to single father with kids

Zebra

Reading that article I can't see where the "discrimination" is. Whether the rule be stupid or not, it's a rule and applies to everyone.

I know of others who have been turned away for exactly the same thing, like it or not, they have the policy for their own protection presumably.

i think parents should be allowed to make decisions and if something happens it should be on their head! perhaps the venue could set their own 1:1 safety rule but ask parents who wish to take 2:1 could sign a disclaimer saying they are happy to take the risk and will not sue the venue?

The point is that you can take two kids at certain times when they have adequate lifeguard supervision. The point I'm making is that adequate lifeguard supervision should be there at times to suit families (including single parent families), not the pool. It's obviously down to money like anything else and when the govt keep shouting childhood obesity, it's time for them to put their money where their mouth is!

It's got nothing to do with him being a single father - talk about sensationalising a rather dull and old story!!

I'd have thought it common sense that one adult can't really adequately supervise two non-swimmers. Hasn't everyone known about this for years? I have loads of mummy friends who can't take their kids swimming at the same time. Although I don't know many who'd want to lol!