Hillsborough Leisure Centre refuses entry to single father with kids

Zebra

yet another example of health and safety gone mad. folowing this barmy rule parents should be banned from taking their children in the sea while on holiday.:loopy::loopy:

In the case of the sea, SIV wouldn't be liable therefore have no need to try and extend the policy to the sea.

Can't compare the two.

I think it's foolish to have such a silly policy in the first place, but to have it at one venue operated by SIV and not at the other makes it even more absurd.

If that's the policy SIV want to operate, that's up to them.

If others choose not to have such a policy, use the others.

Does seem a bit excessive, but I guess they have to draw the line somewhere. They chose a 1 to 1 ration as the line.

It's disgraceful in my opinion, especially at a time when it seems more important than ever to encourage kids to be healthy and safe and engage them in activity that will do them good both physically and mentally. Parents like the guy in the article who want to do right by their kids should be supported. I hope someone highlights this article when the govt are telling parents they are to blame for childhoold obesity.

It's always been a concern of mine with twins. Partly because my local pool when they were born wouldn't have us. Since they had never been swimming and were tiny there was no possible way for me to manage alone and I had no one to help.

Since then I've taken them with someone else which further illustrated the need to have someone on hand.

Fortunately the school they will attend has its own pool and weekly lessons which should mean I can take them in later years. However, should I decide they are sensible enough to behave as I need them to as I teach them one at a time, then I expect to be able to make the decision for myself.

i actually agree with the pools decision. I also agree that different policies can be in different pools due to layouts of pools.

My local pool is a one on one ratio for under 8s , i would never take both at the same time on my own anyway as mini was a handful on her own as she loves water and just dives in!