The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

more on the way , upto 40 cm this evening around our area

come on let it snow

Ooo, that would be sooo brill :D.. bet we don't get that much though. I love snow..

very heavy again in Wharncliffe Side. Main rd still clear though, but not sure what Brightholme lee rd upto Wharncliffe Side school will be like.

very heavy again in Wharncliffe Side. Main rd still clear though, but not sure what Brightholme lee rd upto Wharncliffe Side school will be like.

Thanx for update - keep 'em coming please (if you can) ..... can't stand Radio Sheffield. :thumbsup:

Traffic cams suggest roads are clear and the trams will run OK, providing no-one crashes on the lines or breaks down or whathaveyou! I'm in town at work and its snowing almost constantly but not really laying much.

Dammit, I wish Sheffield Hallam uni would close! I can't even see the snow from where I sit :(

BUS UPDATE FROM http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/News/Reported+Service+Alterations.htm

Please be aware that generally services are running delayed due to the sheer volume of traffic on the roads. However, unless stated below services are running their normal routes.

First 57/58s are running along bottom road and are not going on to the estates. The same is the case for the Stagecoach Supertram Link and TM Travel 201 service.

First services 81 and 82 are operating by Ringinglow Road at the moment because Greystones Rd is closed.

First services 45 and 46 are missing out Sandstone Road as this is closed.

First services in Sheffield are generally having problems on the routes that cut through estates. Sheffield Gritters are out at the moment so hopefully the situation will improve.

Stagecoach services operating out of Rawmarsh, including 224, 222, 226, 229 and 218, are all badly affected by ice and ungritted roads. Buses are getting severely delayed and stuck.

First buses 7 and 43/43A are not using West Hill or serving Blackburn.

Addison Road in Maltby is closed, which is affecting all the First services in the Maltby area.

First service 66 is diverting around the Norfolk Hill area as the road is closed.

First service 27 is affected by the fact that Mason Avenue, Aston, is closed.

In Barnsley all services are running late due to the quantity of traffic. All the main roads in Barnsley are clear and generally all areas are being served. Penistone is still suffering due to the snow but buses are running as much as they can in these places.

TM Travel 293 service is having troubles in the Dronfield Hill Top area (especially towards Chesterfield). At the moment the services are not serving Highfields Road/Shetland Road and are running along Hollins Spring Avenue instead.

Please listen to Local radio for details of services affected by snow. All main roads currently open, some untreated side roads may cause some delays.

For information on road closures please listen to your local radio station or visit BBC Travel News.

Dammit, I wish Sheffield Hallam uni would close! I can't even see the snow from where I sit :(

Same!!! They'll close the schools, but uni people can battle in! lol!

Pretty much stopped at S60 area at moment...hope it stays like that coz i'm busy after work and don't fancy getting stuck on some industrial estate at 9pm at night

got lots in shiregreen , just fell on my ass at shop lol, gona make snowman with kids after hope school, keep it coming

Thanks, i will give it half an hour or so and call school if it keeps coming down.

oh sorry about that crack a joke and it slaps me in the face:hihi: it certainly looks beautiful out there this morning, hope you have a nice day and keep warm:thumbsup:

Don't worry, hun, I wasn't offended. :hihi:

I've postponed my trip to Bakewell today as I forgot to pre-order my huskies!

Is anyone at Wincobank?

What are the roads like round there? Jenkin, Newman etc?

Thanks! :thumbsup: