The "It's snowing!" and all things snow thread

I didn't think it was possible for lightning when its snowing? Doesn't the atmosphere have to be warm and humid??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7864183.stm

I was watching this on the news. I was amazed to hear the thunder (missed the lightning)

Can anyone explain the phenomenon?

Sorry me and djeli posted at the same time.

Edited by Minimo
Question answered

been out trhis morning down to firth park and there are cars stuck and left all over the place. towed 3 out of high green earlier

You STAR, Mr Benn! That was really kind of you to help them out. That's what I love about Sheffielders, they're so generous. :love::hihi:

I'm up in Greenhill and its still snowing here; however only the slow stuff but it's settling :shocked:

You STAR, Mr Benn! That was really kind of you to help them out. That's what I love about Sheffielders, they're so generous. :love::hihi:

its about helping each other-dare say more may need a tow later with the amount of snow heading our way

My cats have given up on playing "Wall of Death" round the flat and have gone back to headbutting the living room window trying to catch passing snowflakes! :loopy::hihi::rolleyes:

And Breathe!

I agree though, the whole of London has basically shut down - they're not use to the snow like us Norverners!! Why is the underground shut - I mean, its UNDERGROUND thus there is no snow there? I don't get it!

My cats have given up on playing "Wall of Death" round the flat and have gone back to headbutting the living room window trying to catch passing snowflakes! :loopy::hihi::rolleyes:

:hihi::hihi:ours does that

its about helping each other-dare say more may need a tow later with the amount of snow heading our way

If I had a 4x4, I'd be out there lending a hand to those less fortunate. Just think of the Karmic rewards!!!

If I had a 4x4, I'd be out there lending a hand to those less fortunate. Just think of the Karmic rewards!!!

its funny because usually im a social leaper for driving a gas guzzling poluter-all of a sudden us 4x4 drivers are very popular:P