The best Gluten free places in sheffield!

Crucible Cafe is all gluten free home made food

Seen as my mum was diagnosed with this approximately 20 years ago i suspect it was called Coeliac then, as it is now......

And seen as the UK Coeliac Society was founded in 1968 i suspect they called it that longer than 30 years ago too.....

ok thanks for that - never heard of the coalic society either however widespread it is :)

Taking this subject and widening it a little: as a newly diagnosed coeliac I am finding shopping for gluten free is very hit and miss especially when looking for things to use in baking and general cooking. What do people think of possible demand for a Gluten Free Shop in a place the size of Sheffield?

Fusion Cafe!

Plus we have home made rye bread with our soups or with our many different freshly made salads an example of some:

Rye bread isnt gluten free :( but the rest sounds good :)

Taking this subject and widening it a little: as a newly diagnosed coeliac I am finding shopping for gluten free is very hit and miss especially when looking for things to use in baking and general cooking. What do people think of possible demand for a Gluten Free Shop in a place the size of Sheffield?

Have u joined Coeliac UK? Its membership is around £20 per year but would recommend it to you as a good starting place for info. You get a guide to whats available on prescription and major supermarkets.

Sign up to Juvela, Dietary Specials (Nutrition Point), Glutafin, Genius etc websites/clubs as you get samples of their products and then u know what to order on prescription.

If you dont qualify for free prescriptions get a pre paid certificate which is around £110 per year but works out alot cheaper than paying monthly per item.

Hi this might be a bit of a long shot but does anyone know any restaurants in Sheffield that cater for Coeliacs but are bring your own alcohol too?

Does anyone know if BB's do this?

Thanks.

Have you looked up Sheffield Coeliacs group on the web There is a download of restaurants. I have not read it yet but its worth downloading and reading through also you could ring the restaurants and ask about wine as this would be a good resource.

Kcustard , Thanks for your reply I have been having PC probs. I now have my Coeliacs UK booklet. the Supermarket list is quite useful though I don't use many prepared foods its nice to know the wedges and chips that are available for a quick meal. Have now found Sheffield Coeliacs on the web. Are you a member of the local group?

Off to the Botanic Gardens today to the Plant Sale 11-3.

Tesco have just extended their range, they now do yoghurts and other chilled items