The best Gluten free places in sheffield!

The Harland Cafe near CCC (Go Outdoors) has gluten free cakes.

Nandos is gluten free by default.

Most italians serve steak which just means you need to check on any sauce.

Edit - doh, I posted from page 1, and now I see that the previous post had already said the Harland!

---------- Post added 01-11-2013 at 09:17 ----------

hi all,

Just to report that Pizza Hut in town centre now has the GF option :love::):D

Hoping to taste test tonight so will report back my findings!

Pizza Express also have a GF base that you can choose for most of their pizza's.

Pure on Raw on Shalesmoor is mainly gluten free. Their pizzas are delicious. Also their raw puddings are all gluten free.

Does anyone know of good restaurants, cafes which cater for other allergies in addition to gluten such as dairy?

Fusion cafe does a lot of gluten and dairy free options. Some chains also do OK - my friend who is both gluten and dairy free finds Pizza Express will cater to her needs.

Steel City Cakes on London road [just before the Broadfield] does lovely gluten free cakes and also vegan and nut free.

3 quid for a big slice of cake and a drink. Well worth a visit.

There's a wee cafe on Middlewood rd opposite the library entrance that has gf options and I can thoroughly recommend the cafe at Rhinegold garden centre. ASK chains do gf pasta. As for general places to buy your groceries from, I've found Morrisons very hit and miss, but Tesco have a great choice and their own brand gf seeded bread is the best gf bread I've found. They also stock a great brand called Perkier who do a lovely rocky road pud.

I've been trialling gf xmas puds recently and again Tesco have hit the mark.

The only thing I haven't managed to alter for my xmas lunch is a decent gf bread sauce, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as its such a faff to make it from scratch.

Been meaning to visit Roma for these pizzas i keep hearing about!

Went to Burgers Inc on Eccy Road recently and they too have a GF option! (not just burger without bun lol)

is Fusion on Bank Street?....

There is a small cafe on Campo lane, just behind the cathedral, called Woodland Holistics which are completely Nut Free as well as doing a wide range of Gluten Free(GF) and Dairy Free(V) products, as well as some soy free products. They do a wide range of paninis which are available GF and V and do a different homemade soup every week which is also GF and V. They also do a range of baked goods and snacks including cupcakes and scones which are GF and V, breakfasts including porridge and Waffles which are GF and V, and they are launching GF and V crepes from pancake day too.

I know this is a bit off topic but does any one know any gluten free places in scarborough as taking going with the mrs in a few weeks and she's gluten free! Want to take her to some nice places! :)

any suggestions for pub lunches that are good for coeliacs? I know The Old Horns marks out their GF stuff but we go there all the time!

Thanks