The best Gluten free places in sheffield!

TGI Friday's in Meadowhall has a gluten free menu if anybody's interested.

I just saw the free from labels, there were more than just yoghurts but didn't catch what they were

Well thanks for the TGI info I have never been in there.

I do go for live yogurt and have a favourite one Longley Farm. I have been trying out a Yogurt maker but only thin a failure really. I will have to try different recipes. I want to experiment with different baking recipes and flours. My first bread bake was no good, but I intend to keep on trying. I dont eat a great deal of manufactured stuff so its not a crisis to be diagnosed for me : more of a relief that I don't have to eat stuff that I don't really like any more. Because its actually killing me slowly I can decline it with good reason and not be thought bad mannered.

Kcustard , Thanks for your reply I have been having PC probs. I now have my Coeliacs UK booklet. the Supermarket list is quite useful though I don't use many prepared foods its nice to know the wedges and chips that are available for a quick meal. Have now found Sheffield Coeliacs on the web. Are you a member of the local group?

Off to the Botanic Gardens today to the Plant Sale 11-3.

I used to be a member of both coeliac uk and the sheffield coeliac group in my early days, but not anymore

wagamama at leopold square has big gluten free menu. there are some good choices.

I promised to give feedback on The Evening Wedding Reception at The old Rectory. There were Plenty of staff on hand but unfortunately none around the buffet after it had been announced. My plates of Gfree had been placed at the end of the buffet table and my sister(the Bride's Mother)who had gone to check the spread had to stand guard as people were naturally helping themselves not realising that it was for a special purpose. When the staff came back they were very helpful and the chef had made sure that the potato wedges were not coated in a glutenous flour There was plenty of salad on my plate and the filling I had asked for. I don't think that I will bother buying Gfree bread,it really needs to be made into an open sandwich. I might try making my own again.

I am now the pancake queen of Greenhill with several recipes for Gfree pancakes to my credit and an expert with my granny's griddle. I want to try making dohsa, dhosa? now, after watching someone make them on Utube Grinding the lentils will be a pain though. This is a great chance to be adventuous though I wish it had come earlier in my life as there might not be quite so much damage done to my body. Oh and my sweet plate was refilled when I was ready for it. So no real harm done.

Fancying a cheeseburger me and my sister called at Uncle Sams on Ecclesall Rd. The staff are so understanding and really helpful, they knew what we were talking about and I couldn't praise them more! My sister has severe intolerance to gluten and faces a lot of indifference from restaurants so this was really refreshing. The burgers are 100% beef, the cheese sauce is gluten free, and they used a clean seperate fryer to do the chips in, the only thing she couldn't have was a bread bun! They couldn't have been more helpful. We were really happy with them. They also said if we called in advance they would be more prepared. Plus the food was delicious :)

been told that silversmiths are doing a gluten free night on the 11th june,could be worth a trip,i`m going.any other forummers interested,maybe we could meet and have a chat.

I know its short notice but we are having a caribbean evening on Saturday 23rd June and a lot of the food on the menu is gluten free, there will also be gluten free deserts and you can bring your own wine or beer, full details can be found on our website at http://www.rhinegoldgardencentre.co.uk. or give us a ring on 0114 285 1487. We also have bistro evenings once a month that you can bring your own drinks to and we always have a good selection of gluten free meals available. On a daily basis we have now started doing gluten free pasta dishes, and today I made a rhubarb and apple struesel as a gf dessert option. We look forward to seeing you, if you are in the area:)

Piccolo's on West Street always has gluten free pasta available whenever I've been. And then of course there's always Green Steps for Fish and Chips.

I'm generally disappointed with the gluten free options available in Sheffield compared to other big cities. I was in Manchester the other weekend and found a Pizza restaurant that makes its bases from scratch and do really good GF ones. Surely there must be some restauranteurs wanting to take money from us!

If you want home made pizza bases, Nonna's do them, down on Ecclesall Road. A bit pricey, but nice. And gluten free option for pud, too.

Otto's - went last week and it was fab and they are really good about gluten free and obviously understand this diet, which is always reassuring, also Papa Cicci whatever its called at Crosspool - very good and understand the diet. most Indian restuarants are very good and recently went to Ashoka - fab food there too.

we should keep this thread up to date! There are not many GF places listed in Coeliac UK unfortunately.

Gill