United have a bigger, better squad?

Earwiggo

:loopy::hihi::thumbsup::loopy::hihi::thumbsup::help:

He's never scored 15-20 goals in a season.

If i was a Wednesday fan i'd be happy to get 15 appearances out of Jeffers.

He never has but that was the £700,000 gamble wasn't it? I was hesitant and thought of him a glass ankled sick note, and so far he hasn't done anything to change my mind.

Coventry paying Man U £2,000,000 for a badly crocked Dion Dublin was a

gamble that paid off. None of us know what this season will bring but I think that the possibility of 5 fit strikers places Jeffers in a bonus player roll. We can't rely on him to play every game, but a fit Jeffers could turn games in our favour as Championship defenders tend to struggle against players with a good first touch.

We need a good goal tally from our combined strike force, 50 would be nice and quity frankly I couldn't care a monkeys who scores them. If you take James Beattie out of your line up who would you bet on to score 15 goals? Stead, possibly 8 to 10, Sharp, 10 to 12, could Henderson be the man? What I am attempting to say is that you rely on Beattie and I am sure that if he is fit he will net you 20 +, but if he isn't :help:

:loopy::hihi::thumbsup::loopy::hihi::thumbsup::help:

He's never scored 15-20 goals in a season.

If i was a Wednesday fan i'd be happy to get 15 appearances out of Jeffers.

There once was a Forum poster called Stockers.

Who's football posts were real shockers.

His hate for the Owls beat his love for the fowls.

He's not noticed that we have more in our lockers. ;)

You have a bigger squad, because you have more money to buy decent utility players.

You have a slightly better starting 11, because you can afford the likes of Beattie for £4 million.

However, at the end of the day it doesn't matter- it's what you produce on the pitch.

You weren't much better than us last season which must have been disappointing.

How do you figure that out then? We finished just short of the playoffs amd you only just escaped relegation?

You said it yourself

it's what you produce on the pitch
and over the course of the season we showed that we were much better than you?

You have a bigger squad, because you have more money to buy decent utility players.

You have a slightly better starting 11, because you can afford the likes of Beattie for £4 million.

However, at the end of the day it doesn't matter- it's what you produce on the pitch.

Spot on

It doesn't matter who you buy or how much they cost if they can't produce the goods when it matters

And before any pork says anything it matterd twice against us last season and a massive game v Wigan in prem to save your skin and you failed big time