Fabio capellos first match

craigmason

I have big belief that Capello will turn England round :) just like Sven Goran Eriksson, Steve McClaren :D , Graham Taylor, Terry Venables etc Enjoy the2008 UEFA European Football Championship, commonly referred to as Euro 2008 in Austria and Switzerland, from 7 to 29 June 2008 :thumbsup:

Looked only just better than a McClaren England performance at times to be honest. But it's encouraging that he's picking the form players and he's only had a few days with them.

Jenas and Bentley didn't let him down.

I thought Ashley Cole and Wes Brown were shocking though.

Been watching African Nations recently so last nights game was a bit of a knock about in the local park in comparison. Fabio will do OK with the tools he has but after last night it strengthens the argument for improving youth academies. Most of last nights England players are surrounded by foreign talent when they play for their clubs and usually let them do all the "fancy" stuff. There is not one English player at the moment that you could put in the same sentence as the likes of Ronaldo, Torres, Drogba etc.

Until J. Cole grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and made the 1st goal, England looked like a pub team. even Rooney didn't show any strength in the box. As for Gerrard being voted man of the match, where did that come from? Ok he assisted SWP's goal but J Cole did more work to set up Jenas.

England need to develop their own skillfull players and stop relying on the foreign ones that surround them in club level.

Watching the match last night there were some poor individual performences,Gerrard did nothing for the first 60 mins but pass the ball into noman's land & he ran around like a headless chicken,I do not know who gave him the MOTM but they must have been watching a different game,Brown was plain awful,Cashley Cole should not have been on the pitch & I think Rooney would have made a better captain as the lad ran his heart out.Jenas played well & Cole & I would leave the 3 above out of the team and put them on the bench to show they are not the best in the country.If you took out all the foreign players out of the top 4 teams & made an England 11 out of the rest they would struggle in the PL.It is time they showed some courage when wearing the 3 lions shirt.