Fabio capellos first match

craigmason

Apart from maybe Bentley, not one of those England players could be considered to be the best player at their club team.

Well that would be because the english premiership only has 38% english players.

If we want the best league in the world on our doorstep it has to come at a price and im afraid that means having a shi* national team.

IMO, Capello should make a strike partnership out of Walcott and Agbonlahor. They are a couple of in form young strikers with an appetite for scoring goals and a flair for skill. Then build his team round them. he has no commitments this summer, and i'm not being sarcastic, so It gives him plenty of time to pair them up.

how is walcott in-form? he;s not even starting for arsenal and in the january transfer window he was very close to going out on loan?

and what about rooney? one of the best strikers in the world- leave him on the sidelines for 2 unproven youngsters?

ill have non of your scottish spoiling tactics on this thread ;) ;)

IMO, Capello should make a strike partnership out of Walcott and Agbonlahor.

i'll give you abonglahor but walcott cant get in the arsenal team at the moment and looks like a shadow of the kid that did so well at southampton, wenger has ruined him. I don't think he'll get many starts at arsenal he's gonna have to move to get more first team football. Same could be said for a lot of players now england team isn't just picked on reputation. Players who aren't playing regularly wont get picked so moves on the cards for crouch, bridge and walcott and a few others i hope

Time and patience required.

(not that there will be much of that when the press get bored. Have already seen a couple of hatchet jobs and he's only had one freindly.):loopy:

First impressions. Not much to go on really i dont think. Though the fact he has been prepared to take a look at people on the strength of club form and not reputation is refreshing.

how is walcott in-form? he;s not even starting for arsenal and in the january transfer window he was very close to going out on loan?

and what about rooney? one of the best strikers in the world- leave him on the sidelines for 2 unproven youngsters?

ill have non of your scottish spoiling tactics on this thread ;) ;)

10 goals out of 22 appearances so far, course he is one of the best strikers in the world!! :cool: I'm not trying to sabotage England team, I just think if Walcott and Abonglahor were teamed up they would make a good strike partnership. You have to play a player to prove him and he is doing well for under 21's. It's not like England have any important matches in the near future so now is an ideal time to do it. Football is like any other team sport, you need to score goals/points to win so IMO the strikers are the base from which to work from.

he needs to go somewhere to prove to everyone he can do it. i do agree with you in a way scottishdude they may well be our most effective partnership by the time WC comes around