Absent forumers - the great 'what happened to' thread

Am surprised no one has mentioned Angelus.

He fled the Forum, after being bested too often during our regular debates....

That's quite difficult to do if you don't know that the person concerned is unable to respond directly, i.e., banned.

I met up with carcrash in April - so hopefully he's still around? SHSheff is very busy with work at present, but she's still about now and then. We're meeting up in the New Year for a drink and gossip. Spyro2000 posted a while ago on the 'red subaru' thread.

Where's Andy these days? Also CherryNicole and robbieloving? Is Classic Rock still about and I haven't seen the sisters Lotti and GothicCharm posting for ages!

Do you remember Internetowl, jake01, omnicans, PhilipB (our Edinburgh contributor)? Talking of Scotland, bigkev upped sticks and moved there, and left SF in the process. Sorely missed.

Is saxon51 still about, also sheff_minx? SilentStatic went off to university, and has never been heard of since. Do we still hear from tallpaul any more, or teafan?

But after Hazel moved to Ireland and D2J was following her - they've stopped posting, alas. And where are Edd and Tracie, both of whom were Mods? I much enjoyed playing mah jong with them both.

I too miss timo and t020 (late of Eccleshall!) and many more.

Where have they all gone?

NB My apologies to Tony and the Mods if I have inadvertently mentioned any former poster who may not be able to respond directly.

You forgot to mention taxman and dennistowler! :(

You forgot to mention taxman and dennistowler! :(

Err, no I didn't forget - but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to mention any poster who is on an enforced holiday (no names mentioned!)

Err, no I didn't forget - but unfortunately I wasn't allowed to mention any poster who is on an enforced holiday (no names mentioned!)

oops - no doubt my previous post will get deleted then! :roll:

I'm still around, I don't post as much as life has now got the better of me :hihi:

Nice to see you on the forum again D2J. I miss your witty posts!

I'm still about Red, just don't get so much time to post since I finished my dissertation and got a proper job :hihi: Will be properly back soon due to a change in personal circumstance that means I have loads more time on my hands :D

Great news sheff_minx. Congrats on getting a "proper job" - but do find time to post!

Yep, certainly am!

Another bonus! Classic Rock is still around too! Yeah!

The question had been answered, and the thread was descending into off topic chat, you know what the Mods are like about that kind of thing! So I asked for the thread to be closed.

Do you see? :D

You are seriously off topic now Rich.

As the Mod's often say "Please take your discussion to the PM Section". :)

I notice LordChaverly hardly posts these days.

He's probably got his head in a massive tome about the Ancient Greek use of "Battlefield Semaphore". :)

I haven't seen Kentboy on here for a while. Timo hasn't been around for ages, and LordC is a relatively recent absentee (still miss his posts though). Don_Kiddick doesn't post nearly as frequently as he should either.

Yes. He's been gone all of 12 hours or so!

sorry got distracted for a moment, right - I'm back. What have I missed?

<waves to Fuzzy & Nommedenet>

OK i didn't see him.

There was an american lady that came to the meet at CRB one time can anyone remember who she was??

I remembered some more earlier, forgot again. There was a star type name of the girl in the toe sucking incident in CRB too. Shes gone as well.

I think she was a student. May be wrong.

I suspect a fair few students sign up to this site when they come to our fine city and then don't bother to read it when they leave.

OK i didn't see him.

There was an american lady that came to the meet at CRB one time can anyone remember who she was??

I remembered some more earlier, forgot again. There was a star type name of the girl in the toe sucking incident in CRB too. Shes gone as well.[/quote

I think she was a student. May be wrong.

You are wrong - it was Funke88 - an expat living in Florida but born and bred in Shef and was on a visit to see her folks.

BTW - hello again!

sorry got distracted for a moment, right - I'm back. What have I missed?

<waves to Fuzzy & Nommedenet>

Pay attention at the back there...it's just been "Nomme" for a good few years now!

(Although I'm vaguely flattered you remember the original name & spelling.)

We really MUST do beer soon!

Nomme

Am surprised no one has mentioned Angelus.

He fled the Forum, after being bested too often during our regular debates....

Indeed he did. He's a professioal gambler now. Allegedly. :hihi: