Grass Verge need cutting - Sheffield Council

A guy on a ride-on mower has just been to look at our verges but as the grass is about 1cm long, brown and dead, there was nothing for him to actually do. Still, I'm sure he will enjoy his day driving round in the sun!

we had ours cut a fortnight ago. They've been again today! Scheduling is being done by a bunch of buffoons :hihi:

Love the fact they haven't cut the verges. Great for the bees and other insects. Wish they would get it cut now though as so many of the verges are full of ragwort which is a very poisonous plant for horses and grazing animals and obviously will be seeding soon filling grassland with this horrible weed.

Drove down Halifax Rd this morning . I was expecting tigers to jump out on me . What the hell is going on down there with the central reservations ?

I can see another fatal accident looming like the one with a lady and a fire engine

Well here we go again we’ll done to the city council or Amey just had grass verges supposedly cut what a toatal mess grass all over my car all over path,my drive , then some moron comes along with a blower an blows it all over road so when you get in your car car grass all over and makes more mess ,

Seriously are we paying these clowns to do this work.?? And even more the person in charge of these fools wants to get off his arse and come round estates

And see what’s going on

Edited by lien1

Well here we go again we’ll done to the city council or Amey just had grass verges supposedly cut what a toatal mess grass all over my car all over path,my drive , then some moron comes along with a blower an blows it all over road so when you get in your car car grass all over and makes more mess ,

Seriously are we paying these clowns to do this work.?? And even more the person in charge of these fools wants to get off his arse and come round estates

And see what’s going on as to be honest I’d sack the lot off them

Never understood the point of blowers - just blowing it elsewhere to make it someone else's problem!

we had ours cut a fortnight ago. They've been again today! Scheduling is being done by a bunch of buffoons :hihi:

The contract probably states "to be cut twice a year" but nobody at the Council thought to make sure the contract stipulated just when the two cuts should take place. It's a classic con thats been going on since I worked for the Council over 17 years ago.

Guest makapaka
just outrageous...

It's really not outrageous.

It's just being made to appear outrageous.

I was going to post about this on the thread which seems to have disappeared!

If the verge belongs to the homeowners it is non of the council's business what they grow there. If the verge is part of the highway, why is the council asking the homeowners to remove the flowers or pay the council to remove them from what is their responsibility.

The whole thing is a nonsense anyway. If Hollin House Lane is the one at the back of the garden centre, it connects West Lane and Back Lane and the only people having any business driving down it are residents or visitors of residents.

I was going to post about this on the thread which seems to have disappeared!

If the verge belongs to the homeowners it is non of the council's business what they grow there. If the verge is part of the highway, why is the council asking the homeowners to remove the flowers or pay the council to remove them from what is their responsibility.

The whole thing is a nonsense anyway. If Hollin House Lane is the one at the back of the garden centre, it connects West Lane and Back Lane and the only people having any business driving down it are residents or visitors of residents.

[devil'sadvocate] If the verge belongs to the council then the homeowners shouldn't have planted there..why should the council pay for removal?[/devil'sadvocate]