Why do people read the Daily Mail or Daily Express ?

According to the dailymail. Most things give you cancer, so what DO daily mail readers do to stay alive ?

The Daily Mail is an important medical resource for finding out whether an object either causes or cures cancer. Here is the collection:

Kill or cure?

Help to make sense of the Daily Mail’s ongoing effort to classify every inanimate object into those that cause cancer and those that prevent it.

The Express and Mail have always been used to promote right wing policies, and, critically, do so in their news reporting, as opposed to just in their editorials. This is significant, because it`s insidious rather than "up front". At the moment I`m reading Roy Jenkins acclaimed biography of Churchill, and whilst the latter was going through a rather right wing excursion in 1933 (in opposing Indian home rule), Lord Rothermere (via his Daily Mail) and Beaverbook (via his Daily Express) were "assisting him". It was all agreed via back channels.

Further, in March 1936, in rather the opposite vein, Churchill`s writing contract with the Evening Standard was cancelled because his foreign policy views were becoming "rather too divergent" with Beaverbook`s.

Twas ever thus.

The tradgedy is, it seems, that so many of the Express and Mail readers don`t realise they`re being "directed". Or, even worse, they do realise but are quite happy to be so.

I do feel it`s a tradgedy for democracy. I`ve always though freedom of the press was as important as universal suffarage and a secret vote, but if the voters are being manipulated that`s obviously corrosive to the whole process.

Edited by Justin Smith

I am already aware of the above but what I am interested in is which newspaper would you (or others) recommend if only one was wanted.

If you could only pick one paper?

I'd have one from this list.

The Times

Wall Street Journal

Le Monde

La Figaro

Frankfurter Allgemaine Zeitung

The Daily Mail is an important medical resource for finding out whether an object either causes or cures cancer. Here is the collection:

Kill or cure?

Help to make sense of the Daily Mail’s ongoing effort to classify every inanimate object into those that cause cancer and those that prevent it.

What about the gays? Do they cause or prevent cancer? Or is it just floods that they cause? This is wonderful by the way. Thanks for the link :D

According to the dailymail. Most things give you cancer, so what DO daily mail readers do to stay alive ?

The Daily Mail’s List Of Things That Give You Cancer: From A To Z

http://www.anorak.co.uk/288298/keyposts/the-daily-mails-list-of-things-that-give-you-cancer-from-a-to-z.html/

Why do people read the biased Guardian? Except to look for overpaid public sector jobs.

The Times is ok. Plenty of in depth reading. A bit biased towards EU but more balanced than FT and Guardian.

Why does anybody read any newspaper,there all biased in some way.I think the Mail and the Guardian are the worst for being biased.I find they are only useful as emergency toilet paper.

Oh, and my horoscope in the Daily Express. I also read Vogue, whilst in WH Smiths:)

Most people don't read papers to be educated they just want light entertainment in their lunch break ect.

Most people don't read papers to be educated they just want light entertainment in their lunch break ect.

That's true. If I wanted to be educated, I'd read an art book. Or one on contemporary design.

I am a Guardian reader and subscribe to the print edition - I am old and like to hold a newspaper in my hands. However, I will often check out the Daily Mail on line (I would not like to give them my money) just to see what the enemy is up to.

I'll always read the Metro on the bus. It makes the journey pass a bit quicker.