Why do people read the Daily Mail or Daily Express ?

Everyone hates the papers that don't hold a view they approve of whether the items in it are right, wrong or indifferent, had no idea what confirmation bias was until the Brexit vote last year.

'Hate' is too strong a word. One can dislike a newspaper's politics/style/content without the 'hate', you know.

There's rather too much 'hate' around at present, in my opinion.

'Hate' is too strong a word. One can dislike a newspaper's politics/style/content without the 'hate', you know.

There's rather too much 'hate' around at present, in my opinion.

Well hate might be a bit strong in most cases (Not all mind looking at the politics section on Owls talk :)) , demur perhaps?

Agree the Express isn't very impressive as a newspaper, pretty much all adverts inside and front page big shouty headlines to do with either getting long term weather forecasts 100% wrong or trivia like MR JONES OF LUTON PAINTS HIS FRONT DOOR GREEN!

Have you seen today's front pages. Their comment as news.

My God do they take us for fools.

Have you seen today's front pages. Their comment as news.

My God do they take us for fools.

Yes they do. And there are plenty of otherwise decent folk who believe every word. Lots of them post of this forum.

Blaming the Labour Party for Theresa May's failings is despicable.

But let's face it if you were a billionaire media mogul who lived overseas and were terrified of losing influence in government you'd get your papers to say anything wouldn't you.

But let's face it if you were a billionaire media mogul who lived overseas and were terrified of losing influence in government you'd get your papers to say anything wouldn't you.

No- if you were a billionaire media mogul, why would anything trivial worry you at all?