Why do people read the Daily Mail or Daily Express ?

All papers have bias but I think The Mail still reports the news without too much bias.

People usually read the paper which agrees with their views and so to get an unbiased report it would be necessary to read several and then evaluate what one has read and draw one's own conclusions.

Whilst not a paper I used to read Private Eye to get an insight into current affairs.

You made me lol. I do read from multiple sources, analyse and form an objective opinion all the time. Actually I find it depressing you think its not got too much bias in.

What's the point in only reading articles that reflect only your own views.

Ive bought the Express for years and never voted Conservative or UKIP in my life.

You form your own views by gathering information from all quarters

And reading everything with some degree of scepticism.

(I also like to do their crosswords.).

The Express has only 2 front page templates- one about rocketing or plummeting house prices and the other about impending freak weather conditions.

The Express has only 2 front page templates- one about rocketing or plummeting house prices and the other about impending freak weather conditions.

What about the Princess Di ones and of course Statins good/Statins bad.

Good news for pensions/bad news for pensions.

They've got hundreds but many of them contradictory or nauseatingly fauning.

Why is anyone bothered with what other folk read? People purchase newspapers for more reasons than just the news. Some enjoy the sports pages, others the articles. If folk are reading the Daily Mail or any other newspaper it is stimulating their brain so is better than reading nothing. It would be a great service if people could leave others alone to buy what they want and stop making them feel inadequate because they read a certain newspaper. BTW I don't read any newspapers!

I read the ' Showbiz ' things in them for amusement. :hihi:

I buy the DM on a Saturday. It's got the best TV mag IMO, and I like the sudoku. I rarely buy a paper at any other time. I tend to read news online, Usually via the Guardian and BBC news.

Millions read 50 shades of grey.

Billions read the false news stories on Facebook everyday.

People read owt!

This better for you mods? Or the furry luvvy who reported my post.

Because they are fluffy light reads and have an editorial line that tends to align with their readers darkest thoughts.

I don't know how many times I have posted a similar response on here, but here goes. Most people I know who buy the Sun, Daily Star, DM even the Mirror etc are working class people, they want a light reading newspaper to skim through during their break time at work, they read the football reports and have a 10 minute nibble at the crossword etc

Take the Guardian and it's over politicised, agenda driven pc waffle with the likes of that monotone dullard Owen Jones scribbling in it (Yawn) ..... seriously what sort of person reads that stuff, Jeremy Corbyn ? your local Labour MP ? A union activist school teacher perhaps ?

I don't know how many times I have posted a similar response on here, but here goes. Most people I know who buy the Sun, Daily Star, DM even the Mirror etc are working class people, they want a light reading newspaper to skim through during their break time at work, they read the football reports and have a 10 minute nibble at the crossword etc

Take the Guardian and it's over politicised, agenda driven pc waffle with the likes of that monotone dullard Owen Jones scribbling in it (Yawn) ..... seriously what sort of person reads that stuff, Jeremy Corbyn ? your local Labour MP ? A union activist school teacher perhaps ?

...........how could you not agree with that!!

I read it online, during my lunch break at work, it passes an hour away while I am munching my sarnies. I know it's a load of drivel, and I don't bother looking at it when I am not at work. This is why I read it.