What areas of Sheffield have you or your Ancestors lived in?

Ma,Attercliffe,Southey,Wincobank.

Pa,Southey,Wincobank.

Me,Southey,wincobank.Jo Burg,Beighton,Espana.

Wifey,Walkley,Joburg,Wincobank,Beighton,Spain.

That's weird as my Father was from Attercliffe and his maternal grandma's father did come from Norfolk- Attleborough . Their name was Lincoln.

My mum's family lived in Mayfield Valley- Fulwood then Broomhill. When first married they lived around St John's Park area then moved to Crookes.

I have lived in Crookes Walkley and Hillsborough.

A lot of people moved north to the factories from East Anglia. In 'Who do you think you are' Jeremy Paxman traced his ancesters from East Anglia and the up to Yorkshire. People who had been living on 'Parish benefits' (I can't remember what the proper name was) were encouraged to move to the factories.

My father lived in Jubilee Road and my mother in Coleford Road Darnall.

My eldest sister was born in Ranskill Road in the 30's and my youngest sister and I were born in Meadowhall Road before we moved to Goulder Place Attercliffe -long gone it was next to Broughton Lane.

For the last 4 genaration of my family have all lived in woodhouse mill born and bread

my grandmothers side,the hobson`s,came from there,her youngest brother,Gladwyn,died a couple of years back.

ever tried to trace a Clarke in Sheffield they breed like rabbits I gave up couldn't even find my dad

Born on the Mauncer Crescent in Woodhouse, then on to the new Stradbrook,

when married moved to High Green but before that a short spell at Hillsborough

Leadmill Rd, Eyre St, Chippingham St, Armley Rd, Hilltop, Albert Rd Attercliffe, Nottingham St all in the 1800's,

Me? Goddard Hall Rd, Rainbow avenue, Fairfax rd, various at Abbeydale. then Valley rd Meersbrook and Thorpe House estate.

for reason I don't know my fathers birth record just pop up born Sheffield 1904 so where do i go from here trying to find his parents(my grands) only a very faint memory of ever seeing them

for reason I don't know my fathers birth record just pop up born Sheffield 1904 so where do i go from here trying to find his parents(my grands) only a very faint memory of ever seeing them

You could try the 1911 census on line, and every census going back ten years at a time before that. The census is available on line.

You could try the 1911 census on line, and every census going back ten years at a time before that. The census is available on line.

But who's, gone back and tried every FREE 1911 census with no luck his name has vanished once again ,now they all say the same thing just send us lots of cash and we will find it for you, Its not that I'm cheap(well maybe)but need to know I'm on the right track just so many Clarke's in Sheffield got nothing else better to do so I'll just keep digging:|:|

Since the 19th Centuary (prior to that my family were outside Sheffield):

Wadsley, Wincobank, Hunters Bar, Sharrow, Ecclesall and Greenhill