Dead Telephones in S4 (25/05/07)?

I have just realised I have no dial tone on either my cordless or normal phone yet my electric is on and obv the internet is working.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

I am in S4

We're getting exactly the same and so are a few of our neighbours - home phone intermittantly working (no dial tone) but internet is fine.

If your Internet connection is Broadband, it's quite posisble to get a connection without a dial tone.

The dial tone is supplied by the telephone exchange, in effect - so even if you have power you'll you can lose your dial tone.

No luck for me this morning. I've tried ringing work and my mums tried ringing hers but can't get through. All I get is 'Emergency Calls Only' or 'Network Busy'

does anyone know if the phonelines are down in wincobank? trying to get hold of my friend.........

our phone at fox hill has gone down sometime overnight. was working last night ~9pm just sounding busy constantly now and no ring tone at the home end!

I have no phone, tv or internet, so I've taken over MIL's to glean info :thumbsup:

I have no phone, tv or internet, so I've taken over MIL's to glean info :thumbsup:

where abouts are you??

sorry, senior moment, Wisewood lol

lost moby for a while at peak of events last night,but 'tinternet conn' was fine as was landline .

daughter and her neighbours ( hillsbro' park area) all have those cordless jobbies, so when they lost power they had no communications other than mobiles. which caused my wife and i some distress as our daughter is 8 1/2 mths pregnant and unreachable by us due to the heavy flooding, with a rapidly fading battery on her moby

daughter and her neighbours ( hillsbro' park area) all have those cordless jobbies

I also have a cordless jobbie. But I never chucked my old corded phone (I think the manual advised this as do a number of consumer web sites) which has proved to be useful on one or two occasions.

I have just realised I have no dial tone on either my cordless or normal phone yet my electric is on and obv the internet is working.

Has anyone else got the same problem?

I am in S4

Phone Line Dead @ S5

With Telewest Too