The Bayerische Socks Knitalong Thread

I'm looking forward to everyone's progress for these, I've still got a Monkey sock started, but haven't picked it up for over a week:o

I'd agree with daunting. I'm anticipating a finish date of some time around Christmas :hihi: .

Sorry, I'm chickening out! I need to learn to read charts properly first and to at least try knitting with 2 circs with a simple pattern first. I just don't have the time at the moment to devote myself to learning all this at once.

And plllleaaaase don't search for the post I made telling you to ban me from the group if I chickened out! :)

Sorry, I'm chickening out! I need to learn to read charts properly first and to at least try knitting with 2 circs with a simple pattern first. I just don't have the time at the moment to devote myself to learning all this at once.

And plllleaaaase don't search for the post I made telling you to ban me from the group if I chickened out! :)

I've chickened out too, so don't worry!

...And plllleaaaase don't search for the post I made telling you to ban me from the group if I chickened out! :)

::Goes to seek out the post to forward to the forum banning department:: :hihi:

Cor with all these peeps chickening out we shall have to rename it the Bayerische socks mini-knitalong:D Seriously though how many people are joining in? I know that Im more than likely going to need help/ to hit my head against a brick wall with this one :lol:

Looks like just you, me, Hecate and Rooty (unless she chickens out too!)

I didn't realise the forum had so many cowards :lol:

Well i've done the rib and then i got to the main part and thought 'ey?' :confused::huh:

Since i did that (a week or so ago) i've not wanted to face the rest, lol! but i will still give it a go....apologies in advance for asking how to do this...? how to do that....? :lol:

Edit: No chickening out for me Turra :D ....well not yet ;)

Well i've done the rib and then i got to the main part and thought 'ey?' :confused::huh:

Since i did that (a week or so ago) i've not wanted to face the rest, lol! but i will still give it a go....apologies in advance for asking how to do this...? how to do that....? :lol:

Naughty Rooty - start date is tomorrow:nono::wink: So its 4 of us is it:hihi: Im sure we are all going to be head scratching for this one I wouldnt worry:thumbsup:

I'm not doing this, and it's all Littleblue's fault that we haven't got an alternative, :rant: I can safely say this because I know she's not around at the minute!! Goodness help me when she gets back :D

I'm with Wheezy - we'll just knit something else and congratulate ourselves on our originality! :thumbsup: I've only just cast off my Branching out today anyway.

You do know Wheezy, that any Littleblue suggestions will involve 99p DK and baby blankets? :hihi:

Since i did that (a week or so ago) i've not wanted to face the rest, lol! ...

You've started already! :: slaps wrists :: :hihi: I'll probably start Sunday or Monday evening, I think.

I think Shine signed up to this knitalong too, so that's five brave souls. Didn't Wool4brains say that she'd already knit the pattern or at least some of it? (I haven't re-scanned the thread, so sorry if I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick there). So, that's someone to turn to if things go pear-shaped :D .

Not being an expert sock knitter, I don't think I would have faced this pattern yet without knowing there were a few others knitting along at the same time, even though I've admired it for ages.