The Bayerische Socks Knitalong Thread

I have thanks! :) very helpful i thought, though more so when i watched the video on knittinghelp.com.

I haven't checked out the video yet. That'll be the next step. Now I've finished Branching Out, I'm going to trial the two circulars :o .

Rooty have you seen this?

That looks very very simple. Deceptively simple.

Maybe it will be harder when I try it as I won't have a purple or green dot on the top of each needle!? :D

I grasp how to do it but I don't get how it works. Maybe I will have to have a go to see how.

Is that really all that is involved on knitting on 2 circulars??? Maybe I might do these socks.....

Maybe it will be harder when I try it as I won't have a purple or green dot on the top of each needle!? :D

Put dots of different coloured nail varnish on your needles and then it'll be easier. You can have any colour dots of your choice!

Put dots of different coloured nail varnish on your needles and then it'll be easier. You can have any colour dots of your choice!

Hahahaha. Bright pink and lime green it is then! :gag:

As long as you can tell the difference then that's all that matters!

Don't be shy girls give it a go......

Your socks look briliaunty! But forgive me if I don't give it a go just yet..... I think I need a bit more time to think, and a holiday, and patience....... :P

Wheezy - Stop procrastinating and give it a go, we are all here to help if you need it. Thanks for your comments on my socks, if I can do them then so can anyone. Honestly.

Hecate - The Rolling Thunder are done in Lorna's Laces Gold Hill. When I saw the colours on the knitty site I thought they were pinks and blues (that's also how my printer printed them) but when the skein came, it was beautiful autumn colours. I got futher last night, I've completed the cuff and am now doing the garter rib. I'll post a picture towards the weekend as I'm busy tonight and after that there won't be much to report until they are finished.

oh btw the postman delivered a beautiful Burgundy CTH this morning so my guess about mother's day was right. Well I hope it was her otherwise I've been surfing and ordering in my sleep. Do you think hubby would believe that? Apart from printing off the pattern, finishing my other wip's (rolling thunder and Central Park Hoodie [i'm waiting for a 4mm addi turbo to turn up]) I'm ready to start my Bayerische socks. *shivers with trepidation*

Wheezy - Stop procrastinating and give it a go, we are all here to help if you need it. Thanks for your comments on my socks, if I can do them then so can anyone. Honestly.

I don't want to, and you can't make me :rant: As for procastywotsit, i've never been so insulted in my life :suspect: I suppose I should get out more :hihi:

Looked up procrastinating, and I don't mind being a little delayed for now :thumbsup:

...oh btw the postman delivered a beautiful Burgundy CTH this morning so my guess about mother's day was right. ...

That's one of the ones I ordered too. It's lovely, isn't it? Now I know that the Manzanita LL was out of stock, I'm torn between that and the CTH in 'Loden' (a mid leaf green) for the socks.

...Central Park Hoodie [i'm waiting for a 4mm addi turbo to turn up]) ...

Is that this one from Knitscene? If so, it's gorgeous. What yarn are you using?

Sorry Whhezy didn't "mean" to insult you :) but don't be put off by mew methods. That's how you grow and progress even if you don't get out much.

yes Hecate, that's the pattern. I'm using Debbie Bliss Tweed in apinky lilac colour. I've some pictures of bits which I won't post up but once it's finished I'll give you a moddelled picture. How's that?

...I've some pictures of bits which I won't post up but once it's finished I'll give you a moddelled picture. How's that?

No, I demand that you post the pictures now! ;)

Only joking.

I look forward to seeing the modelled finished hoodie :) .

As for the Bayerische socks; I've just ordered a couple more Addi circulars and watched the Knitting Help video again :D . It does look relatively straightforward...

Sorry Whhezy didn't "mean" to insult you :) but don't be put off by mew methods. That's how you grow and progress even if you don't get out much.

Please Turra, what's mew methods? I'm wanting to progress you see....... :hihi: